Nahum Sharfman, Founder Of Shopping.com, Perishes In Plane Crash

[​IMG]We just received devastating news that #-Link-Snipped-# founder of Shopping.com, has died in a plane crash in Greece. According to #-Link-Snipped-# (the article is in Hebrew, here's the #-Link-Snipped-#), Sharfman, who was a well-known entrepreneur in the Israeli tech space, and his wife perished in a plane crash on the Greek island of Korfo. The story has also been broken on #-Link-Snipped-#A successful entrepreneur, Sharfman founded Shopping.com which he brought to a successful IPO in 2004. Shopping.com was later acquired by eBay for $650 million. Earlier, Sharfman co-founded #-Link-Snipped-# and also brought the security technology company to an IPO in 2000. Prior to starting his own ventures, Sharfman spent 11 years working for National Semiconductor. He received a Ph.D. in High Energy Nuclear Physics from Carnegie Mellon University and M.S. and B.S. degrees in Physics from the Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology. Sharfman was also chairman of social content sharing site #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• hermahshaw
    hermahshaw
    I salute Israel on her 61st independence day. I admire the spirit of the nation for whom survival has been a strife and #-Link-Snipped-# ever since its inception. I wish the Palestinians too would bother more for a good and bright future of their coming generations instead of passing on a legacy of bloodshed and war.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey fellow CEans, straight to point... The major losses in a rankine cycle based power plant can be in the boiler or thru the condenser to condense the exhaust steam....
Hi guys, I'm looking for advice on how I would go about using a couple momentary on type switches to control a simple light circuit. More specifically, I want to...
Hi friends, Can any one tell me, how I can take benefits of CE?
hi guys i am student of telecom eng.guys i want to know to know that whaqt is difference between telecom and electronics eng .are the equivalent or not
– Super high gas barrier film designed for electronic devices – 30 April, 2008 – Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc. (MPI), today announces the European launch of its new super high gas...