My project-Super car

hello friends,
As i said before i am starting this thread for the project Super car in this thread
#-Link-Snipped-#
let me explain in brief
this is car which we are stepping into future
This is not exactly for the user its used for no driver conditions or we can make it when driver is in sleep
Primary:
It should run by itself when driver is not in driving condition or in the condition where we cant risk the human life
1. I want to use GPS for tracking the route map.
2. I want to use stepper motor to steer the vehicle
3. I am using dc motor to stop the vehicle at the desired stop
4. I am going to program according to LPC2129 controller because it is enough for these conditions
Secondary:
1. The device should automatically get power because we don't know whether there is fuel available or not so I am thinking to use solar and wind sources
2. Implementation of scanners to check for the person
and Many more modifications
i am starting with the programming for primary and the circuit design is simple so there is no need to give for primary i will start the design when i get to the secondary
i am giving GPS program for that Give me suggestions in this on next day i will prepare and upload next attachment with sensor callibration and stepper motor running
expecting more replies

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Great start,

What you have planned for mechanical driving? How can we control Accelerator, Break and gearing mechanism based on command received by Microcontroller?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Harshad Italiya
    Great start,

What you have planned for mechanical driving? How can we control Accelerator, Break and gearing mechanism based on command received by Microcontroller?
    actually i didn't thought about them i planned on braking mechanism
    so i need to think on acceleration and gearing
    ufff no idea bro if it is with solar means i can make though the power supply to the motor depending on the wave generated from micro controller it will be accelerated
    but depending on this manual normal vehicles there is a chance but it makes a great loss in initial pickup
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey guys after a sleep i got an idea on it
    I am using DC motor for breaking mechanism if we use stepper motor instead of DC motor we can use it for acceleration and gearing too
    the circuit will be like this
    at the steering we are having a stepper motor and at the shaft we are using another stepper motor. the 1st motor makes the turnings with controller data and another stepper motor accelerates and brakes with the same controller data
    micro controller gives the pulses to the stepper motor using sensor data
    how is the connection mechanism? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    narayana murthy
    1. I want to use GPS for tracking the route map.
    GPS can be used for rough navigation. But you should add other sensors to detect obstacles and avoid it.

Accelerometers and digital compasses should also be used to detect the tilting an direction of the car. Sure, GPS can provide the heading, but only if it has enough information when the car is already in motion.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ash
    GPS can be used for rough navigation. But you should add other sensors to detect obstacles and avoid it.

Accelerometers and digital compasses should also be used to detect the tilting an direction of the car. Sure, GPS can provide the heading, but only if it has enough information when the car is already in motion.
    actually my real idea is with the google maps traffic data i wanted to design the vehicle for the obstracles but the data on google maps were not on update continues. so i thought i can use sensors to detect the upcoming vehicles.
    so i am thinking to use light wave because it is fastest and safe wave as i know.
    these light sensors are always in on condition when any interruption occour it gives that data to controller. I am using 4 sensors here depending on efficiency no of sensors are changed. when any sensor gets interruption vehicle will move on opposite direction this movement is done by the stepper motor connected to the steering. The steering automatically moves and this mechanism only connects to the front tires so it can move easily even in tight turnings. in case we get all the light sensors interrupted depending on the change of intensity it moves if the intensity goes too low the vehicle makes a brake.
    this is maximum level of my thinking if there any suggestion please update it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    We can also implement Vehicular ad-hoc network to this Super-Car.
    You can check out about VANET tehchnology.
    VANET Wiki link :- Vehicular Ad Hoc Network
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Harshad Italiya
    We can also implement Vehicular ad-hoc network to this Super-Car.
    You can check out about VANET tehchnology.
    VANET Wiki link :- Vehicular Ad Hoc Network
    But i think in that network the 1st car should have a driver. if i am right this entire project goes in different direction.
    Ok let me explain clearly about the application
    this car is used to pickup the people who are unable to walk due to injury or in a specific conditions.
    we cant risk a driver life in this so i came with this idea
    As the secondary objective explains that i am connecting a scanner it scan the people before it and check for the match if it matches it opens the door and takes person in. if it is not matches it goes on and in a condition it forces to open and a person is in without permission from base it automatically locks doors and automatically starts self destruction sequence
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    narayana murthy
    But i think in that network the 1st car should have a driver. if i am right this entire project goes in different direction.
    Ok let me explain clearly about the application
    this car is used to pickup the people who are unable to walk due to injury or in a specific conditions.
    we cant risk a driver life in this so i came with this idea
    As the secondary objective explains that i am connecting a scanner it scan the people before it and check for the match if it matches it opens the door and takes person in. if it is not matches it goes on and in a condition it forces to open and a person is in without permission from base it automatically locks doors and automatically starts self destruction sequence
    Yes VANET needs driver. I am just refer it so we can implement some of it's feature like sensing traffic and detect obstacle.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes VANET needs driver. I am just refer it so we can implement some of it's feature like sensing traffic and detect obstacle.
    i understood that in this way
    1st car has a driver and other cars are connected to this car.
    when any obstacle comes the driver turns so with the time other cars also will turn
    if this is a case it wont work with my project because there is no other car before and also we don't know in which whether condition or at which place we are sending this. so there comes a lot of problems by using this technology
    anyway thanks for the suggestion ๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am uploading algorithm for steering device please give suggestions on it.
    i will upload acceleration and braking algorithm design tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    How is the project developing buddy?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    actually i am not feeling well so i am not making programs and i have no strength to think it tomorrow i am trying to make a program with that algorithm later i develop another algorthm and program for accelaration and braking
  • lal
    lal
    That is nice. Good luck with it. Keep the thread updated.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    sorry guys due to some health problems i cant do this now. I have no other option expect stoping the project for a while if anyone interested with the data i have given they can make it. I will resume from the last post here. Sorry for disappointment guys i am feeling severe headache for even simple thoughts. I going to doctors if i feel well i will resume it
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    GET WELL SOON NM and this project is not going to the dumps for sure

New ideas and fangled theories will be made ready for you to ponder when you return to CE
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey guys i think i am ok now pain is getting low i have drawn some block diagram on this concept i know i am weak in drawing sorry if it looks ugly.
    I am using phone now so i cant upload them now i will upload tomorrow sorry for delay
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    these are the images
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i want to stop this project because google already announced this one and i have seen in news that in some countries they got licence to run these cars. So there is no meaning of running this project. The only change with this is i am using gps and they dont as the news reporters report
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Why stop ?
    Do they use same technology as you're using ? If not, then you shouldn't halt your work.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Seriously. You shouldn't stop the project. Keep us updated with whatever you're planning on this project!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    sorry for late reply guys i am quite busy with job search. Ok guys i will continue now i am doing a course in embedded systems and robotics. I will try to implement this one with robot in my course project and i will inform when it gets completed
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am doing this one guys....
    I am using IR sensors for detecting the object coming towards it depending on the values controller should give instructions to stepper motor for movement.... Due to time and availability i am doing this as a simple robot.... What this robot do is it moves using sensor values. It accelerates and deaccelerates accordingly and when an obstruction comes it automatically moves a side gives instruction at which distence there is obstruction using GSM. I am doing this with 8051 micro- controller. As i am already aware with gps this makes me more comfort regarding this project
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    its almost done logic is working...... Simulation is working good in proteous....
    In hardware may be not tested with real vehicles but its working considering as a robot....
    I am satisfactory with this... I guess primary phase is done

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers tend to have a cluttered workplace as much as an office worker. Only that the complication is that it is largely hardware that can create nightmares at times. Here...
This podcast from IEEE Spectrum shows the evolution of VOIP services: https://spectrum.ieee.org/podcast/telecom/wireless/the-almostfree-cellphone
It's rumoured that Google is working on a gaming console. No details are known yet and it looks like the Google game console is a closely guarded secret. I was...
Microsoft seems to be poking a lot of fun at the non multi-tasking abilities of the Apple iPad. Check out this commercial - I'm wondering why did Apple not consider...
I was watching the Samsung Galaxy Camera video shot at 120 fps and it does look awesome in slow-motion. So, I'm wondering can any camera be made to function at...