My Engineering Story 2009

Hi All,

I write here with a faith that we all share common passion as engineers. We know engineers have been rocking the world by their creativity and passion. Journey of engineer starts right from the day he decides to make a difference and think beyond obvious - just like Newton did once ๐Ÿ˜€. Every engineer has a question - if Newton could do it, why can't I? Hence starts the quest - and then there are stories.

Stories of innovation, fun, adventure, music bands, college fun, creation, projects, events, trips, gadgets, and many more.....stories. To share this passion of engineering from the community, we came up with an idea to create a platform to all such stories - the engineering stories - and recognize them by providing proper support, awards and cool gifts.

Please check this event #-Link-Snipped-# that closes on November 30th - and let us know if you like it and also any improvement needed ๐Ÿ˜€

Best wishes,
Yogi

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I like the initiative. Who are the people involved in organizing this? I'd appreciate some clarification from the organizers -

1. Is the competition open only to Indian engineers, residing in India?
    2. Are there any cash prizes?
    3. Can a story be submitted in multiple categories?

The search page, [#-Link-Snipped-# looks incomplete.
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    Hi Big K!

Yeah, this portal is open for everyone. There are cash prizes for some categories from CraftMyGift but would be too small for an international user (INR 3000 for cool campus story).

Nevertheless, there are free web hosting and domain for cool engineering ideas - gadgets, assays, softwares, green ideas, biotech ideas - anything!
    A potential business idea will get incubation support from IWSB. Also, free SEO services.

Winners can also take free skill tests from LimeExchange. If there is a new technology - Free Patenting support will be provided.

Then there are cool gifts to be won - iPODs, IPhones, Why?Newton Bags, Tees, Scrapbooks, Memoirs and stuff.....

A story can be published in as many categories as it may belong to....for example .....A story of innovation could also be inclined socially, could be adventurous and funny at the same time. ๐Ÿ˜€

Good luck ๐Ÿ˜€

Yogi
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    We are in the process of creating a music album as well, where we are looking for partners basically from engineering background....if someone here plays in bands or is interested in working with us, we will be happy to work with you. Infact, you can share your videos on the portal...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I might send an entry, however I'm still running short of time ๐Ÿ˜” . I guess the early birds have a huge advantage over there.
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    some issues....i submitted same entry twice....sorry
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    I dont see any entry there yet, time seems to be problem with everyone ๐Ÿ˜› no worries, c u there ๐Ÿ˜€ playing some tunes
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    Is anyone here active in some social activities? or been a social entrepreneur?
    In my opinion anyone who things creatively or thinks differently is an engineer.
    I am not sure how many people would agree but a mere Label or education cannot necessarily make an engineer. I think it is a way of life.

Engineers are inspiration, from designing structures to creating new operational concepts they just rock. Similarly, people who are making difference by social initiatives where they have applied simple mathematics and embellishing little creativity have been bringing smiles on many people's faces.

I read a story in this regards about Kartavya at Why?Newton, they are doing a wonderful job and am sure they are not the only guys. In my own network people have left traditional jobs to create an environment that foster social upliftment all by applying simple Newton laws..... Every action has equal and opposite reaction,.......when you laughFOR others, they laugh WITH you, when you laugh AT others, they laugh AT you...

Any more stories?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    here are not all colleges if the college is not in list then what we have to do?
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    You can add your college and company name by clicking on the COLLEGE and COMPANY link on the profile page
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    Here is something weird story about a engineering student who somehow went through some mental trauma. He was disoriented and created a pseudoimage that he got selected in NASA....kind of obsessed with galactic studies....but surely crazy....
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • yyogiraj
    yyogiraj
    New Story at Why?Newton!

Hyperons - A never ending story of a gang of girls living their life on their terms ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope you enjoy reading it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The movie Zombie Nation is very, very funny for those who like that type of movie. Woody does a great job. If you liked Shaun of the dead you will...
no not from others, but from your self? what is the limit of expectations you set for yourself? For some reason i believe we can pursue anything what we can...
One day I'm going back to college to get my ME degree, if I don't die from old age first . Now.. I'm trying to fashion a Ranque-Hilsch tube to...
1. The bridge on the river kwai 2. Force 10 from navarone 3. Guns of navarone 4. Saving private ryan 5. The night of the generals 6. Where eagles dare...
hi ceans, I want to know that what actually means port forwarding & why we need to do so i.e why we need to forward ports to router. waiting for...