My Data communication Exam questions

Hai friends..!

Today, I wrote my Internal exam of Data Communications subject. It seems very easy. And I like to share the questions with our CEans.

1) Differentiate LAN , MAN , WAN

2) Differentiate Flow control, Error Control

3) Differentiate Connection less service, Connection Oriented service

4) Differentiate Half duplex communication, full duplexcommunication.

5) Differentiate Wired LANS and wireless LANS

6) What is Ethernet and write the use of Ethernet ?

7) What is a bridge and explain different types of bridges ?

I know the answers. But I want to get the answers from our CEans.

So, I am not giving the answers..

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    come on friends..

Answer the questions..
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    sahithi pallavi
    Hai friends..!

Today, I wrote my Internal exam of Data Communications subject. It seems very easy. And I like to share the questions with our CEans.

1) Differentiate LAN , MAN , WAN
    Q1.
    LAN:
    A local area network (LAN) is a computer network which covers small physical areas
    For Ex. home,office,schools,group of buildings.

WAN:

A wide area network (WAN) is a computer network that covers a broad area. The largest and most well known example of a WAN is the Internet.

MAN:

Metropolitan area networks, (MAN) are computer networks that covers geographic area or region larger than that covered by local area network (LAN) but smaller than the area covered by a wide area network (WAN).
    For Ex. connecting whole city or a campus etc.
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    sahithi pallavi
    2) Differentiate Flow control, Error Control
    Flow Control:
    Flow control is a process of controlling the rate of data transmission between two devices. Flow control is used to enable a sending computer to transmit information at a faster rate than the destination computer can receive it.

Error control:
    Error control is a process of controlling or removing the errors from data which is transferred. It is used because we cannot guarantee that all bits will be transmitted successfully while transferring data. In error control, Data is checked for errors if error occurs it will be removed and error free data is transferred.

Correct me if i am wrong somewhere...😕
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good answers Mangesh..

awaiting for the other anwers..

Friends..! post your answers here.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    3:connection oriented like telephone service
    first of all connection is established ,,,and then communication takes place
    connection orienteds like telegram service no connection required
    4:half duplex means out of two machine both can send and other can recieve but not at same time
    full duplex both can transmit at any time
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    6) What is Ethernet and write the use of Ethernet ?

Ethernet is a standerd created by IEEE and is also called as 802.3 (if i am not wrong).

These standard specifies the way in which network devices are connected ,frame format and type of cabel to be used.

There are many other types of ethernet like fast ethernet ,gigabit ethernet etc.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    good answers.. thank you so much..

Expecting more from our CEans.
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    sahithi pallavi
    5) Differentiate Wired LANS and wireless LANS
    Wired LANS:
    Wired LANs use Ethernet cables and network adapters.wired LANs generally require central devices like hubs, switches, or routers.

Wireless LANS:
    A wireless LAN (WLAN) is a wireless local area network that links two or more computers using spread-spectrum or OFDM modulation technology.
    WLAN technology follow one of the three main Wi-Fi communication standards:-
    1)802.11b 2)802.11a 3)802.11g (new one)
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    sahithi pallavi
    7) What is a bridge and explain different types of bridges ?

Bridge is the device that connects two similar LANs (local area networks).
    Bridge filters data traffic at a network boundary.
    It operates at the data link layer of the OSI model.

There are three types of bridges that are used in networks:
    Transparent bridge, Source route bridge, Translational bridge
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    awesome!! mangesh..Good going
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    What about my marks in the exam?😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a quick tutorial that will help you setup mail forwarding in your CE Mail account. What is Mail Forwarding? Answer: When a mail arrives in your CE mailbox, it...
Read this post: Wisdom in hindsight: Entrepreneurship thrives in a recession I especially liked this - Logically any sane, rational person would prefer the security of a salaried job, during...
If you've some free time, I encourage you to take the CAT online test here: Comprehensive Demo CAT is supposed to be the toughest entrance exam in the world. Not...
CEans, You would thank me for posting this link: Academic Earth | Online Courses | Academic Video Lectures The site hosts lots of video lectures by top folks! Check it...
apart from the gate syll. what more i need to study for psu's ? 😕 and it will be great if anyone can suggest me some good books also which...