well........
this thread is for to explain electronic devices
this is actually idea of akd,this is introduction lets start it

there are 3 types of devices
1.controlled devices
2.half controlled devices
3.uncontrolled devices
lets know about uncontrolled devices
uncontrolled devices: these devices are called as uncontrolled because they can be only start by switching on
this can be known with the examples like diodes etc...,
now time for half controlled devices
half controlled devices: these are called as half controlled because we have all the controls on on characterstics but not off the main examples are scr's,igbt's etc...,
now coming to controlled devices
controlled devices: these are devices which are controlled totally in on and off
the examples are power bjt's and power mosfet's

in my view all the electronic devices works with uncontrolled devices and all passive and active components
these half controlled devices are used in solar components and inverters

this is basic concept on these types i am interested in half controlled devices mainly scr
scr:scr is silicon controlled rectifier
this is 4 layered device the symbol is shown below
[​IMG]
scr is having three main parts
1.gate
2.anode
3.cathode
as all know cathode and anode and there properties i am discussing about gate
gate is one of main part in scr
when we give all the voltage to scr to overcome junction2 it will be more danger to scr
so we give gate current
now coming to mode of operations
there are three states in operation mode
1.on state
2.forward blocking state and
3.reverse blocking state

on state is always clear because the name indicates that it is in on state
coming to forward blocking state
this state is the depletion layer resistance state
to overcome this state we use gate current and giving voltage to the anode and cathode
then on reverse blocking state is reversing the signs in anode and cathode panels

there is many interesting topics on scr but i am stoping here
if any more doubts or for any more concepts in this topic leave a post in electrical and electronic section i will update it

@akd: this is my personal thanks for you akd for motivating me
@CEans: if there any mistakes in my concept please help me to know because i am in the bottom of this education i need to improve a lot because i am not a professional in electronics concepts
and this post is for giving a basic concept i had in this topic

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Narayana: This is awesome work. You are going to be an inspiration to everyone at CE!
    Keep up the good work. 👍
  • freak16
    freak16
    @narayana
    the things you discussed are nice but these things are more related to power elctronics.
    And controlled switches are power bjt , power mosfets
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @freak: thanks for telling about them and i am told just about power electronics
    i just want to say some thing i had known so i started with the basics of power electronics because now a days power electronics are playing major role and i had noticed many of my friends are feeling feared about this subject
    so,i posted this thread here
  • sasuke
    sasuke
    talk about scr. I have experience use fake SCR part. This counter-fiet part have low breakdown voltage compare to original part. So, this SCR will easily turn with-out gate signal with apply high voltage between anode & chatode. I also notice that this SCR also weak againts noise, when high dv/dt (normally noise) apply between anode and chatode, the SCR will turn-on automitacally with-out gate signal
  • jjdraw
    jjdraw
    sasuke
    talk about scr. I have experience use fake SCR part. This counter-fiet part have low breakdown voltage compare to original part. So, this SCR will easily turn with-out gate signal with apply high voltage between anode & chatode. I also notice that this SCR also weak againts noise, when high dv/dt (normally noise) apply between anode and chatode, the SCR will turn-on automitacally with-out gate signal
    some things to consider:
    are you sure you are not 'commutating'?
    is the gate drive noisy? maybe you are using too sensitive of gate SCR.
    are you meeting the holding current requirement?
    and yes, an SCR WILL turn on with too high of voltage or too fast rise time between anode/cathode.
  • sasuke
    sasuke
    The SCR have Gate pin, A1 (anode pin) & A2 (maybe should not call as chatode).

It not a gate noise. You are right, maybe i not to call noise. It is too fast rise time between A1 & A2. This dV/dt is exceed the spec, then i will turn-on SCR automatically. My countermeasure of this high dV/dt is to add snubber circuit between A1 & A2 for reduce dV/dt.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any one explain me about bank wire and how it can be done?
This morning I was looking for pcb prototype manufacturer and found the interesting one. The online quote is pretty simple. I think it might be useful and be another alternative...
To install FCKeditor extension, put the following line in LocalSettings.php: require_once( "$IP/extensions/FCKeditor/FCKeditor.php" ); where can I find the file called localsettings.php I want to integrate fckeditor with php.Anyone know about...
Students of Paper Technology at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Saharanpur Campus are organizing EVOLUTION 2011 between 11-13 March 2011. Evolution aims to assemble the best talent and expertise from...
Hi all ... I am looking for codes either in MATLAB/.Net for segmentation of a particular section of the image.. Specifically saying I want to segment off iris from an...