Murphy's Computer Laws....

Murphy's Laws for Computers....

If you don't know Murphy's laws, then you are missing humor and charm in your life.
Murphy's law states that "If anything can go wrong, it will definitely go wrong". Or in a worst way, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way". Murphy's laws signify huge pessimism. Here are some of the Murphy's computer laws. Although there were no computers at Murphy's time, other people created laws based on his laws. Many a times you will find that you have experienced these laws before. But beware of these laws, they are humorous !!!

• Every time you mistakenly hit two keys on the keyboard simultaneously, the one which you don't want will appear on the screen.
  • For any given software, the moment you manage to master it, a new version appears.
  • The longer it takes to download a program the more likely it won't run.
  • The only program that runs perfectly every time, is a virus.
  • When the Downloading Window says "99%complete", there will be a fluctuation in the voltage and you'll have to start all over again.
  • Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified.
  • Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer who must maintain it.
  • The subtlest bugs cause the greatest damage and problems.
  • A 'debugged' program that crashes will wipe out source files on storage devices when there is the least available backup.
  • A hardware failure will cause system software to crash, and the customer engineer will blame the programmer.
  • Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later.
  • Make it possible for programmers to write programs in English, and you will find that programmers can not write in English.
  • A working program is one that has only unobserved bugs.
  • Any cool program always requires more memory than you have.
  • When you finally buy enough memory, you will not have enough disk space.
  • Disks are always full. It is futile to try to get more disk space. Data expands to fill any void.
  • No matter how good of a deal you get on computer components, the price will always drop immediately after the purchase.
  • The best way to see your boss is to access the Internet.
Or...
  • No matter how hard you work, the boss will only appear when you access the Internet.
  • The troubleshooting guide contains the answer to every problem except yours.
  • Software does not fail when the technician is in the room.
source: (#-Link-Snipped-#)

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes true, When ever I access CE my manager comes.

I am named Crazy Tester too!!

Sometimes friends call in that way !!!
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The first law is cent percent true for me !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

help related to processors i am interseted to learn about the main difference between the intel and amd processors. i need atleast 5 difference, any reply will be helpful waitting...
Can anyone give me a idea about an elecrical based final year project(s)??
Hi guys I wanna do M.S somewhere in the world on Robtics..Can u suggest the best place and also anything about robotics or else any alternative future plans other than...
Can anyone tell me the what are the Hot and Familiar Trend in Automobile Industry.. So that i can take a not on it.. Thanks
Can anyone please explain the topic of PACKAGES in Java. I need some explanation about PACKAGES..! WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS....THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY........