Multicast

can we multicast in local area network?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    let me give a shot to this question

As Jacobadam has mentioned, ISP do provide IPTV services which can be considered a form of multicasting. But ISP own network cannot be considered as a internet . ISPs network would rather be a service providers private network , but if a host in one corner of world is streaming video from a server in the other end of world and consider there are multiple hosts trying to down load the same file, then multicasting happens over internet.
    As far as LAN is considered , I can give a shot that in case VLANs are configured then segregation of users can happen to do a multicast.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys, i want all of you to be my friend, please invite Me who ever read this one. thank you and god bless!😛
Hello Guys I was looking for MathCAD from PTC website and i read about this new design software. It looks cool. so decided to download it. (torrent) but i can't...
Hi friends any one know about IP security.And its architecture please provide info about it.
While I was going through one of the forums, I found out that someone had a difficulty in understanding how exactly a processor works as a multi-core processor. I will...
Anyone please tell me the meaning of IMS BU.😕 I am not aware of it. I just know that it is associated with any organisation.😒 Thanks....:smile: