Multi-programming Vs. Multi-processing

I want to know the the difference between Multi-programming and Multi-processing.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Multiprogramming is the process of loading more than one program into the memory so that the processor can be kept busy to switch between any of the loaded programs.i.e several programs running at a time.No of processes run on single processor.

Multiprocessing means a process is run on multiple processors.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, i'm trying to make a g force simulator. i trying to recreate the g force that occurs in a fighter jet during its flying. I'm doing design only...
Dear Friends, I wish to learn AJAX. What are the softwares required? I already have .Net 2005. Adv. Thanks, R.Rengaraj
With Google Trends, you can compare the world’s interest in your favorite topics. Enter up to five topics and see how often they’ve been searched on Google over time. Google...
With an in-built Resume Builder Facility brought about by LinkedIn, now you can convert your LinkedIn Profile into a beautiful resume in seconds. No more messing around with multiple Word...
There is some news for the GRE takers. INSEAD, one of the top business schools in the world, recently announced that it would begin accepting GRE test scores for admission...