Mtech in Engineering Management - Scope

Dear Sir,

I am person who has done my Btech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2005 pass out. For the last 5 years I am working in a reputed Indian IT company.

Now I am looking to do my higher studies in Engineering Management (Mtech) in India. With my experience do you think its going to help me in software industry.

I have heard from some sources that this course is based on Mechanical Engineering. Is that true.? As an engineering graduate in electronics do you think i can opt for this course. Also I must add that I am not interested in doing a masters in any electronics disciplines at this point of time.

Also I am not very much worried of getting back to IT job after this course. I am also happy doing a lecturers job, may be phd i would like to do if the subject is really interesting for me. But will my electronics background be a barrier for any of these things.

Kindly reply to my query at the earliest.

Thanks
Asish

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply. Actually I have done my Btech in E&C , So even then do you think i can make a teaching career in Engineering Management?

The following are the main course contents :
Organisational Behavior
Production and Inventory Management
Plant Engineering Management
Managerial Economics
Mgmt Acct., Costing & Cost Control
Operations Research
Project Management
Marketing Management
Technology Management
Management Information Systems

Regards
Asish

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Ashish,

The best way to take a decision is to go through the course contents. I'm sure its easily available. I'm however skeptic whether this course will help you in software engineering career. Indian IT companies are mostly into services and the work is pretty much defined for all the levels.

I'm very positive about the higher studies being helpful in career as a lecturer. PHD would be an added advantage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

US Internet giant Google's password system that controls multiple access to almost all of its web services was hacked through an innocuous message sent to a Google employee in China,...
What is the different? Sometimes PORTB can energised output, sometimes cannot.
Hi.. will you please clarify me what is basic difference between a computer science engineer and an IT engineer. How their fields are different..??😒
A process executes the following segment of code: for(i=1;i<=n;i++) fork(); The number of processes created is : a) n b) n(n+1)/2 c) 2 to the power of n - 1...
hello crazy engineers solve these Q1: 1/3 ed of the contents of a container evaporated on the 1 st day. 3/4 th of the remaining contents of the container evaporated...