MTech From IIT

I have done MSc. in computers from pune university. After that i joined IT. Now i have 5+ years experience in Java/J2EE..i am working as a Senior Software Engineer in enterprise application area. I have following queries regarding MTech:

1) Will at this stage doing MTech will be of any use ?

2) I think MTech is towards systems and research. What kind of job profile i can expect after MTech?

3) I will be spending 2 years of time for MTech means in these 2 years i will have to sacrifies for years income. Is it really worth? What package/role i can expect after completing MTech.

4) For which companies i can apply after MTech. (sepcially in pune)?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    @Mods: can this thread be moved to careers section?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Howdy, welcome to CE.

The best option is to opt for a sabbatical and go for M.Tech. This guarantees that you still keep your job while you dedicate yourself to technical studies. Most of the companies I've known do provide such facility.

Get in touch with the HR of your company and ask if your company provides such facility.

I guess after M.Tech in research, the kind of job profile you may get entirely depends on the company that hires you. I've met people who got just one promotion after returning back to the company - but the job profile did not change much. On the other hand, there are people who got into Government organizations and now into hardcore research.

The recommended way is to pay lot of attention to the selection of college/university for your post-graduate studies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEan , I dont know why this happens some times i post on my blog (blogger) but when I go to view on my blog i t show me...
Hi guys, problem being my father. 😀 . He is a retired Prof for Commerce and economics and he still prefers to go to private institutions to teach just for...
hi, i am onkar deshpande in BE IT want some mwga project idea
I must have done this a week ago. I presume Shalinis BDAY was on 14 aug .refer to her blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHALINI!!! :myparty:
hello sir, i did a program well.no error for compiling section,but running time applet window started,did not get a image.please give me the clear solution.