MSEB Transmission Level In Maharashtra

i feel that the transmission level in maharashtra should be raised more. the transmission should be done at a higher voltage as done in MP. HV transmission will reduce the current and transmit the same amount of power because of increased voltage. this will reduce the copper losses. this will increase the transmission efficiency.😎

Replies

• sau
    sau
    Re: MSEB to take note.

what are the transmission levels in other states, for instance MP, compared to MS??
  • lal
    lal
    What is current transmission voltage in Maharashtra? I guess you are not talking about distribution lines...
  • sau
    sau
    oh MAHATRANSCO website, i found transmission levels right from 66KV to 400 KV...
  • lal
    lal
    And i think its fairly high enough for transmission. The highest transmission voltage currently used in India is 750kV (source : internet). But the common transmission voltage is 400kV or lower.
  • sau
    sau
    in it 750 KV DC??
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey sau we generate and transmit only ac not dc
  • lal
    lal
    @sau, I'm talking about ac generation.
    @murthy, we do generate and transmit dc. But not for house hold applications.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @lal: but upto my knowledge we cant generate dc we just use rectifier at necessary places so we convert ac to dc
  • lal
    lal
    Yes there is DC transmission. You may wiki for it..
    I dont know whether India has any. But it is, in some countries.
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey

In MAHARASHTRA, the transmission voltage is 220 kV throughout.(I have worked on MSEB SCADA project for MAHATRANSCO GRID.)

And we do generate DC but not for transmission but for commercial use only...........means only for company equipments...........

And Narayana Murthy,

We can generate DC but not HIGH VOLTAGE DC thats why we use converters to convert AC into DC.......

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hmmmmmm interesting thanks lal for giving your valuable information
    and
    @vipul: i know it but there we use mostly A.C for transmission thats i am saying
  • baja
    baja
    dc transmission is there...
    it all depends on transmission distance and voltage levels...
    if they r more than a certain limit HVDC is prefered..
    Method: ac is rectified and transmitted and inverted at receiving end...
    Advantages:
    1. 1 conductor is enough (Earth return) while ac requires 2
    2. No skin and proximity effects so resistance is 60% of original value..
  • sau
    sau
    guys, when i posted something, i read before i posted.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    you may refer to this link where it clearly says 500KV HVDC... so we certainly transmit DC.. the reason behind is to reduce the losses...when we send AC through a cable, due to skin effect, it offers more resistance and hence more losses. But in case of DC, there is no question of skin effect. so resistance offered is less..
  • sau
    sau
    i think me n baja posted almost at same instant..😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I stumbled upon this awesome video - what happens when engineers own dogs - [video=youtube;t9TPMIfY5GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9TPMIfY5GU&feature=related[/video] What say you, folks?
Robots still need programming and engineers do the job well. But when engineers get bored, this is what happens - [video=youtube;yln_IGDuOCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yln_IGDuOCo&feature=related[/video]
hi frnds... can u plz tel me dat how can i measure the range of cordless phone.????Anyone having ans.plz reply soon...
Here's a video that talks about differential mechanism - one of the important topics to study in automobile engineering.
Hi guys! I did my IT engg. student from Vidyalankar college, Mumbai. Presently, I am the PR manager for Nirmal Datacomm,one of CISCO 7 silver certified partners and I would...