MS or Job!!!

Hi friends this is krishn from A.P.
On April 2012 I will complete my B.Tech with 80% aggregate
Still am in a big confusion to choose a job or MS.
Basically I dont have any idea about MS but I need your suggestions
about
1)How MS or any higher education give some weight
2)What is the exact situation of Students who are studying MS in AUSTRALIA
3)How much money it take to complete the course in AUSTRALIA
4)I have good knowledge on computer subjects,so is there any(in AUSTRALIA) chances of entering into teaching field
5)IELT structure
6) Scholar ship alsoo

Give all your suggestions
Am awaiting for your valuable suggestions friends.....

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    If you want to choose MS(in CS dept.) for Job(to add more weight) depending on scholarship money in Australia then it's a waste of time, challenging and a bit risky and complicated even though it'll add some weight (only in teaching field here, in India but that too only in some parts of the country.)

Situation of Students in any part of the world:

In they choose, core subjects like Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical and some others there is a chance to improve their knowledge. MBA is good too but CS "Many said it's waste of time (the probability that you'll get this answer is almost 95% if you prefer to do MS in Australia.) because you can reach the same position by getting experience(according to the answer said by my cousin).

A Report from a friend: Only 20% of the students among top universities will get placed in campus and the remaining, no matter which university they come from(they had to put the same effort to get a job).

To avoid that situation, many will join in consultancies to get a job where the consultancy will be benefited by getting 50% of your salary (may vary from 2000$ to ----).

Teaching field, to teach them good we must be extremely good in English, hence depends on TOEFL/IELTS scores

Money! 2 million, easy, for a period of 2 years.

IELTS structure consists of 4 rounds,

Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading.

Speaking will be of One session (sometimes conducted separately in a separate day). It's a face to face interview type of exam.

Next, Listening, writing & Reading. If you're capable of understanding English movies language without text and if you're a book worm. These three won't be that much difficult.

Hence, there are complications, so decide and choose wisely.

Note: This is only the information that I know(or gathered from some others.) Get more details from others too before taking a decision and best of luck. 😀
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    Mr.Don
    If you want to choose MS(in CS dept.) for Job(to add more weight) depending on scholarship money in Australia then it's a waste of time, challenging and a bit risky and complicated even though it'll add some weight (only in teaching field here, in India but that too only in some parts of the country.)

In they choose, core subjects like Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical and some others there is a chance to improve their knowledge. MBA is good too but CS "Many said it's waste of time (the probability that you'll get this answer is almost 95% if you prefer to do MS in Australia.) because you can reach the same position by getting experience(according to the answer said by my cousin).

A Report from a friend: Only 20% of the students among top universities will get placed in campus and the remaining, no matter which university they come from(they had to put the same effort to get a job).

To avoid that situation, many will join in consultancies to get a job where the consultancy will be benefited by getting 50% of your salary (may vary from 2000$ to ----).

Teaching field, to teach them good we must be extremely good in English, hence depends on TOEFL/IELTS scores

Speaking will be of One session (sometimes conducted separately in a separate day). It's a face to face interview type of exam.

Next, Listening, writing & Reading. If you're capable of understanding English movies language without text and if you're a book worm. These three won't be that much difficult.

Note: This is only the information that I know(or gathered from some others.) Get more details from others too before taking a decision and best of luck. 😀[/quote
    Mr.Don

Note: This is only the information that I know(or gathered from some others.) Get more details from others too before taking a decision and best of luck. 😀
    ........Thanks for giving reply
    But according to my opinion there is no waste of studying any course
    Now a days most of the people doing their MS as a fashion but am not
    I want to improve my skills and also anything .Now i dont have the skill of doing project.I have the creativity and ideas ,I felt shame when am doing my main project that's why am decided to abroad.
    Any way thanks for your reply
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the first question that needs to be answered is MS or Job. Once that question is answered the technical answers to the questions can be easily obtained from multiple sources. Your career decision should be influenced by your goals and should be in sync with your likes & interests.

If you want to make a career as a computer engineer, you can very well join a company and try to excel at what you do. Then there won't be any point in spending money on education in Australia. However, if you want to gain more knowledge about the subjects of your interest and then make a career in the domain of your advanced knowledge; then evaluate the options that you have.

Thinking that a better degree will offer you a better job & better pay scale is not the right thinking. Figure out how'd you utilize the two years that you'd otherwise spend in higher education; doing something else which directly aligns with your long term goals.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, please help me to remove write protected from pen drive????
could someone help me on what to input on C++ so that i can get the imaginary roots of a quadratic equation.... I really don't know what to do...😭 help...
technical paper writing is a new concept for me... plz tell me abt it or giv me sum directions .... how can a present a paper at clg level...
What is SAP and How to learn it..! Can I learn it online ?
Guys, Indian Hockey (Women) have put a brilliant performance kudos to them for they have earned it. Its a proud moment for Indians. Wishing them good luck for comming matches......