ms in india

hey can any one tell me how to do MS in INDIA.?
i am not able to decide whether to do mtech or ms?

aneone who are done with their post graduation?
please help me out!!😕

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    If you are very sure, 100 % sure, that you would never want to do a PhD, it is better to go for M.Tech. If you have a little bit of doubt, go for M.S.

M.Tech is just a high-level B.Tech
    where you take more advanced courses, do a better one-year project. Most often, such projects are not research-oriented. Therefore, the probability of getting a good offer for Ph.D admission after the M.Tech course is very less.

M.S.

You will be doing research.
    You can opt for a job or a PhD after the M.S. It is difficult to complete your M.S without publications; these publications will help you value your research potentials, and later, to get a good PhD admission offer.
    M.S course can take anywhere from 2 to 4 years. It depends a lot on your interactions with your guide.
    But, it is not easy!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Welcome to CE jups

Although I have not done post graduation this is what i have come to know

MTech can be said to be just a high-level B.Tech, where you take more advanced courses, do tougher assignments, do a better one-year project. Most often, such projects are not research-oriented. It is a guaranteed 2-years program

on the other hand

MS is mostly research oriented. you do research and need to follow papers, infact publish some yourself as the number of publications increase your value.

So think if you are more oriented towards research or not can be one of the helpful factors.

CEans correct me if I am wrong..
  • kesh_abha123
    kesh_abha123
    sarveshgupta
    Welcome to CE jups

Although I have not done post graduation this is what i have come to know

MTech can be said to be just a high-level B.Tech, where you take more advanced courses, do tougher assignments, do a better one-year project. Most often, such projects are not research-oriented. It is a guaranteed 2-years program

on the other hand

MS is mostly research oriented. you do research and need to follow papers, infact publish some yourself as the number of publications increase your value.

So think if you are more oriented towards research or not can be one of the helpful factors.

CEans correct me if I am wrong..

😕 😕 😕 plz tell me anyone , doing MS from india specially iiit's like iiit allahabad is good or not ? placement is good or not ?. plz reply me. my id is #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT="]Kurukshetra[FONT="], the annual technical festival of the College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai takes a pan-Indian avatar with this edition of XCEED – a pre-Kurukshetra Robotics event. With the...
I am doing a project at Schneider Electric,Pl let me know about Testing Rigs..PL inform me about various testing rigs available
sir i want to know the technical differences between tubeless tyres and tubed tyres. which one is more preferred and why. can you please explain me in detail. regards, zakiuddin
pls suggest me some topics for doing mini project😕:shifty:
Hi my name is DJ. I am an electrical engineer in Houston, Tx. and a graduate of Texas A&M University Kingsville. My work involves Aids to Navigation where i am...