MS in Image processing

Hi,
I am interested in doing MS in Image processing.Would that be a good choice given my degree and work exp. ?
I have done a BE in electronics and Telecommunications.
I have 2.5 yrs work exp. in IT field with work in java,mainframe and various databases.

My prime concern is that "Is having degree and Work exp. in different fields a disadvantage for MS ?". Also, I have done my final year project in image processing and so it interests me, but I am not aware of the job opportunities available in this field.

There are many experts on this forum and so I have posted my query here... your help will be greatly appreciated 😀
Cheers
Amol

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't see any reason it should be a disadvantage. However, you should be able to justify the reason.

Before you make a decision to opt for MS studies, I'll suggest you to have a clear idea about why you want to go for MS and your expectations from the course. If getting a job in the field of your interest is your primary goal, MS can help. However, you will need to get help from students/alumni of the college you wish to apply to and learn whether there are opportunities.

Have you already taken the steps necessary to seek admission to MS universities? (GRE/TOEFL)?
  • Amoll
    Amoll
    Thanks The_Big_K for your response.
    I have not even started the preparation for GRE. I was thinking of joining some coaching for it, but before that I was exploring the possibilities of job after MS.
    Because I don't want to hurry in going for a course before fully knowing what and why I am doing it.
    I have confidence that I will have a good GRE and TOEFL score,so that is not a problem.
    As you hinted, I will try to contact students from Universities where such courses are available.
    Cheers
    Amol

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am saranya , doing 1st year cse, how to present a paper, what are the things to be followed while presenting a paper, please suggest me, how to choose...
hi... i hav selected a topic for doin miniproject and it is skindetection using c....but i need to learn about files in c language...so any suggest me the books for...
can anybody explain about the model view controller in Java with example.,? it is so confused for me..I referred sun blueprints but it is not so clear. Model ; it...
I want to control a home appliance like a table lamp on or off by giving command from my cell phone to the system which would b fitted in the...
Lots of my classmates will go for advanced java for their upcoming training. can anyone explain me short what is difference between advanced java and core java?