MS in BioMedical Engineering or Prosthetics/Orthotics

Hello everyone,
I am currently an electrical engineering student and am trying to decide what type of degree to pursue after I graduate. I am interested in working with and developing prosthesis; specifically artificial hands. I am wondering what would suit me better, a MS in biomedical engineering or a MS in Prosthetic/Orthotics? I would like to interact with patients on some level, but I am also interested in the design and construction of the prosthesis themselves. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong place (first time)

Replies

• maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    ya me too having doubts in ms studies can any one tell how many fields are in MS how to enter in to that etc
  • sikandersingh
    sikandersingh
    You can do MS in Bioengineering Innovation and Design in one of the american universities . You will have entire knowledge of designing prosthesis etc .Thats all I know about it . Let me refer you a link for your further information , #-Link-Snipped-# . You may also see the top ten colleges for biomedical engineering in US .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone! I am a new member on this site. I am here to meet new people and make friends. Hope I can meet someone here. And I'm willing to...
Project Manager Vs Software Architect , Whom do you..? | Java | Entrepreneurship | Blogging | Forex
we supported anna hazare cause and know its effect but does it always work. But at the sametime we see in middle east, despite protest being peaceful in nature, the...
Lecture on the topic 'Kinematics in 3D' Engineering Mechanics by Prof.U.S.Dixit, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical & Automobile engineers, share your ideas, ask...
Lecture on Engineering Mechanics by Prof.U.S.Dixit, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical & Automobile engineers, share your ideas, ask questions and doubts in this...