MS help!

hey me fellow CEans,

I am doing enigneering from ip university, Delhi! The college is good and reputed. And i have managed to clear all the backlogs i have as of now.
Now the thing is, Engineering has never been my cup of tea, just a method of earning a quick buck. Anyway, Masters is something i love to do and would put every bit of effort i have in me to get myself there.
Now my plan is simple, do MS and then get a good job in US itself.
So tellme how do i proceed? I plan to work hard, Really hard but guide me a way.
So when I am through with masters I am amongst the best.

Regards!

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Have you attempted the GRE test?
    Which year are you dear friend?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    akashmittal
    Engineering has never been my cup of tea, just a method of earning a quick buck.

Anyway, Masters is something i love to do and would put every bit of effort i have in me to get myself there.
    Don't you think those two are contrasting thoughts, my friend? Masters' is just about advanced version of the technical stuff you learned (?) during your engineering degree course.

If I can read between the lines, your prime interest lies in getting into USA and get a job there.

Be assured that you'll get a 'technical' job that will bore you to death. The best way would be to opt for a career in what you are passionate about.

However, if you're convinced that you wish to go for masters - appear for GRE & TOEFL. Apply for MS in any of the American universities - and you're on your way to making quick bucks and being rich.
  • akashmittal
    akashmittal
    Hey! Am sorry i forgot to mention the year.
    Anyway, I just got over with the 2nd year. so that means I'll start with the 3rd year now.
    I plan to give GRE this march. That is essentially my 6th semester.
    Is this the best time to give it? I don't want to waste a year after engineering so I keep the 4th year to plan out my applications and stuff.

And yeah, This is what i have in my mind. Do my MS and then work. After a good work ex, Go in later for the MBA.

Basically i meant to ask is something lost if got a few backs? That i did manage to clear anyhow.
    How do i start with it? Apart from my studying stuff, What all do they want?
    Diversity, if it is. Trust me, I'll do every thing to lay my hands on certificates.
    Rest assured, I fulfil my every aspect in that regard, What else do i need?

Guide me. Am lost somewhere. Give me some clear vision 😀
  • Goutam seo
    Goutam seo

Thanks for this interesting question. Going to the US for MS in Engineering is a challenging one but with proper planning and dedication, this goal can easily be achieved.

Basic steps in all the applications include - Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of recommendation (LOR) and TOEFL/GRE. After getting through these stages, you need to apply individually to the respective university. Check out this blog article - 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi 4 all i m from afghanistan, i m hacker is any1 need help can contact me, may many member know by my user AK-47 king of hacker.... i have...
Hi Guys. I am Sudheer,a mechanical engineer and I am in 7 th semister now. I want to write GATE-2010 exam and i had written it in 2009 (got 89...
I have been looking for some Linux stuff out here. Very few people and only computer guys seem to be interested in it. What do you think of having a...
Say some lyrics from a song you know. Let it have some association with the words or idea of the lyrics in the previous post. I have it easy, I...
i want to build a small ic vehicle with rc control. my vehicle has tree wheels two in front and one at rear. i want to know what type of...