motors required for robots

hello engineers......
i m making a robot for the robowars competitions
and i need your help for selecting motors for motion and weapon.
talking about the motion,
which motor would be suitable to move a bot of around 45 cm X 45 cm and 15 kg, 6 wheeled
pls suggest some motor specifications along with cost and the market for it.
the power will be given to either only 2 wheels or 4 wheels.
other modifications are also welcomed....

Replies

• sujith simon
    sujith simon
    Sughosh Deshmukh
    hello engineers......
    which motor would be suitable to move a bot of around 45 cm X 45 cm and 15 kg, 6 wheeled

your drive-train is the heart of your warbot!i suggest your to use high torque industrial motors such as a car powersteering motors... which gives you enormous torque n weighs around 3kgs each.... you can come back to me if you need further info about it!!
  • Sughosh Deshmukh
    Sughosh Deshmukh
    sujith simon
    your drive-train is the heart of your warbot!i suggest your to use high torque industrial motors such as a car powersteering motors... which gives you enormous torque n weighs around 3kgs each.... you can come back to me if you need further info about it!!
    thanks sujith for help
    what u said is very much true
    i completly agree with you
    but there is a weight constraint.
    we cannot use such heavy motors
    3X4 kg for motors of the 15 kg is no good considering the constraints.
    can u suggest some another idea....
  • sujith simon
    sujith simon
    Sughosh Deshmukh
    thanks sujith for help
    what u said is very much true
    i completly agree with you
    but there is a weight constraint.
    we cannot use such heavy motors
    3X4 kg for motors of the 15 kg is no good considering the constraints.
    can u suggest some another idea....
    oh your bot should weigh 15kg is it..! so you wont be needing such a powerful motor! thought it was for heavy robowars such as 30kgs in IITs....if 15kgs is your weight limit den you can go for normal 10kg vega kit motors which ll be sufficient for your need 😀
  • sujith simon
    sujith simon
    10kg is not the weight of the motors...It denotes the TORQUE
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sughosh Deshmukh
    hello engineers......
    Faulhaber produce small motors for CNC applications. Check out if the specs suit you.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sujith simon
    sujith simon
    If it is an 15kg bot your cannot use heavy duty industrial motors due to size constrain...But for the weapon you can use an 1500 rpm heavy duty 12V DC motors..which gives an torque of ~65kgs and it weighs 2.5 kgs each..please contact me if you need further info about the motors 😀
  • Sughosh Deshmukh
    Sughosh Deshmukh
    sujith simon
    If it is an 15kg bot your cannot use heavy duty industrial motors due to size constrain...But for the weapon you can use an 1500 rpm heavy duty 12V DC motors..which gives an torque of ~65kgs and it weighs 2.5 kgs each..please contact me if you need further info about the motors 😀
    thanks
    i was about to ask about them
    i will need only 1 such motor
    where can i get it? and what about its cost?
    anything less powerful can also work
    what say about wiper motor of old maruti omni or 800...?
  • sujith simon
    sujith simon
    for weapon..? a old wiper motor of an maruti!!!!
    I agree with you that wiper motors have an decent torque but at 60RPM for a spinning weapon?it is USELESS dude...trust me!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Put about 100 bricks in some Particular order in a closed Room with an Open window. Then send 2 or 3 candidates in The room and close the door. Leave...
Plz help me to find particular integral for the following forced vibration eqn D2m +Dc +k =Fsin wt
The inexorable trend in electronics for the past four decades has been to do more with less—to make transistors ever smaller in order to squeeze more processing power into a...
SHIVALIK COLLEGE OF ENG presents SHIVA-FEST 2012..... Electrical and Electronics/ Communication event Computer Science and Information technology Auto mobile/ Mechanical/ Civil Engineering Shiniwala, P.O. Sherpur, Shimla Road, Dehradun - 248197...