motors for a line follower

i am taking part in a line follower event wherein the track contains a few inclined planes(that will include going up and going down)
will DC MOTORS suffice for this purpose? or am i supossed to use any other

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    DC motors will e fine. Just make sure you use motors of sufficient torque.
    So, choose a low rpm motor so that it has high torque.
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    u can use actuators like dc geared motors, stepper motors, RC Servo Motors
    but i prefer u to use dc geared motor of around 100 or 150 rpm..depending upon the slope n is easily available in market .. try to make ur bot as light as possible n also battery operated as it has to cross slope while tracing line ..for that try to find small size dc geared motors

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am new member of this forum. i am a computer engineer. ​
Hi, Microprocessor 8085 is being taught in our college currently. We have been asked to do a mini project using it to gain some familiarity. My idea is to build...
Hello friends, Here i am explaining DRY ICE.Solid carbon dioxide is known as dry ice.It is soft,white snow like substance and looks like ice.However,it does not wet a piece of...
hai..can any one help me..how to approach an industry to start a miniproject. iam an ece student
Apple Inc. has just started sending out email invitations to people around the world that says "Come see our latest creation". Top tech blogs are saying that Apple will launch...