Motorcycle ECU Discussions

I stumbled upon the term 'Motorcycle ECU' aka Electronic Control Unit. Today's sophisticated motorcycles have lot of components electronic controlled and it makes sense to have an ECU installed to keep check on everything. Can someone talk about the primary functions of ECU and why it's installed? Insights on ECU are welcome. 😀

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Just like cars, most modern motorcycles have an ECU. This controls the engine mapping(throttle response, hp/torque curves, timing), fuel injection, a/f ratio, emissions and rev limiter. They also store diagnostics and perform multiple types of checks using sensors. A detected fault will be stored and if it meets certain parameters can trigger a MIL code.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I believe it's a commonly searched problem - improving the range of wireless router installed in home. Typically there are multiple obstructions in a typical home environment (walls!) which weaken...
Hi ppl, I came across the notpron puzzle few days ago. Its a series of riddles and i am seriously loving it. I have reached level 42.....😁. Common guys try...
Technology giant Microsoft has signed a deal with Baidu, China’s leading search engine, to power the company’s English-language searches—and, presumably, censor them to comply with Chinese government policies. The deal...
Sony has officially launched the second teaser video of its upcoming S1 and S2 Android tablets further increasing the hype around the daring new additions to the tablet market. First...
Mac users rejoice. Skype 5.2 for Mac OS is now available for download. Skype announced the availability of the software just few minutes ago on their official blog. New Skype...