motor selection

i have to rotate 15000 kgs using a dc electric motor.the power required is 2.5 hp. since the rotation is slow can i choose the rpm to be around 20. will it work. if not how do i go about it. i am using a chain drive for power transmission.

Replies

• zorif
    zorif
    you need gear box here.
    and very suitable motor for your application is regular induction motor.any 3 phase induction motor will give you 1440 RPM.calculate the required output RPM and go for a regular cheap gear box.all u need to do is switch on the AC motor.and that can be done easily using one contactor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

English-ScaredHello people , we have started three different threads for all the three sections . Please make the use of it and post your queries there . This will be...
work done in case of a cyclic process is equal to algebraic sum of work done over each individual cycle For e.g. in Carnot cycle work done should be equal...
Alright I am going to start using a Pocket DVR Camera that I got a few years back once again. At the moment though the current batteries you get with...
Hi Guys, "This Thread is for Educational purpose only" (The examples given here are very basic... all websites are well protected from these types of simple SQL injection attacks 😉,...
Hi CEans, Nice to introduce you the DEFORM software, the advanced tool to simulate materials forming, machining, heat treating process. This introduction is written mainly based on the presentation on...