MOTION ON THE GLASS SURFACE

HAI,,am preparing a project for automatic glass cleaner and half ready with the wiping units using scotch yoke mechanism(image) and that will be fixed either side by magnets now my problem is to move that device on the glass surface other than suction cups what will be better mechanism or a way to move from up to down

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    @#-Link-Snipped-# good work and its nice that you have converted the idea to a working model.

Suction cups would be the best.I will update if i found any alternative.
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    can you have couple of gears in the middle of the cleaning rod to move it using battery?
  • Shah Sharath
    Shah Sharath
    Rajni Jain
    can you have couple of gears in the middle of the cleaning rod to move it using battery?
    BUT GEARS SCRATCH THE GLASSES
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Shah Sharath
    BUT GEARS SCRATCH THE GLASSES
    Why gears will touch the glass?
    Gear will be attached to rod on outer surface, Cleaning surface of rod will be in touch with glass, right?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please help me!! I have learned c!Should i learn php
Bats have the ability to flap their wings during their flight. This tendency of bats has inspired scientists to design flying robots known as “micro air vehicles”. Researchers from Virginia...
Hello, This is my first post here, I wish I can be helpful in future to be able to payback the advice 😀 I'm computer systems student, studying in egypt,...
The California tech giant Google Inc. has announced a new research project named ‘Project Tango’ on Thursday, aiming to bring 3D technology to smartphones for developing potential applications like indoor...
It was recognized that Holography could become the future of data storage with the capability to read-write huge amounts of data in a parallel way. The technology has been put...