Most Innovative & Creative Ways To Hire People - Let's Make a List

So, today I woke up thinking about the most creative, fun and interesting ways to hire people for a startup or a big company and started browsing about it. I remember the time when I was in college, we were always enthusiastic about some companies coming for campus placements because their recruitment process was innovative and fun to participate it.
Now this kind of enthusiasm is something that companies must be definitely looking forward to. Who wants boring, lethargic people who are sitting for placements just for the sake of it, anyway?

That brings me to the important question - Are there any creative ways of hiring talent in the company?

A friend tells me that a company had come for placements for the position of marketing and sales in their college. To take a stress interview and test the student's leadership qualities, the interviewer acted as if he is suffering from a heart attack in the middle of the interview process and the actual panel sat behind the cameras. The candidate who came for interview was judged on the basis of the actions he/she took in such a scenario.

Another creative interview process could include creating actual real-life situations of job in say a seminar hall and making the candidates do a demo of how they would perform.
If the company plan's to take a written test, the questions could be formed in such a way that do not JUST involve the aptitude test questions.

Here is an open question to all of you readers - Share an idea for some creative, innovative or new ideas for hiring new people in your company.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Any ideas, people?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I searched online and thought that "Creative Recruitment Ideas" is a totally new territory. Nobody is really venturing into that arena.

Having the usual boring GD/PI session has to go out.
    The only thing that is new is - Having an event or hackathon or a job contest.

Do we have no new ideas coming in from engineers here?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iBall has been steadily launching a host of new smartphones in the Indian market. The latest entry from the company is iBall Andi 5.5N2 Quadro - an Android 4.2 Jelly...
Qualcomm today announced a new 64-bit chipset for mobile phones that are high-volume and entry-level. Called the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, here we have a chipset developed using the 28nm process...
I've just gone through a post on businessweek.com and I was surprised to hear about it. Microsoft's Apple Investment: The Worst Deal of Them All? What do you think about...
Engineers are the core of entrepreneurship but the front end problems arise with legal hitches. Many startups fail in absence of proper compliance. Many vanish with bad contract deals. But...
Liquefied Natural Gas or LNG is fast gaining the interest of many people in different countries as we fight for an alternative source of energy in the fight against the...