most efficent version of gprs

which is the best (latest version) of gprs which is most efficent in connectiing internet
how is edge distinguished from gprs i tried from wikipedia but ididnt understand
General Packet Radio Service
can someone explain me
thanx

Replies

• ankitchrungu
    ankitchrungu
    as far as i have noticed on my nokia 5310 for which i am using idea sim card whenever then phone receives gprs signal G symbol is displayed on the top left side of screen and whenever phone receives edge signals symbol E is displayed.the basic difference between the two is the bandwidth allocation.the edge has higher bandwidth than that of normal gprs.grater bandwidth means large amount of data transfer at rate higher than that of normal gprs.this way your download speed and upload speed will be better than that of normal gprs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, I was just wondering if any member here hails from the defence background i.e. army navy or air force. Well, I hail from the olive greens!
Hello, i am a student who are doing an AC to DC power supply 20v,2A project, i dun plan to use any power supply IC(i.e LM317 and etc). I trying...
Hello i am a student of 2nd year Electronics and communicatins engg branch...... i require some help regarding making a robot....... Please give your ideas, weblinks, or any other help...
Hi, i am learning php these days.I want to know how to call a php function on button click. Button is created in HTML and function is a php function.Give...
I see that many are interested in the Armed Forces. I have started a thread regarding that. Everyone can share information about their country's one armed forces unit at a...