Most Discouraging Words You've Ever Heard?

Taking cue from this thread : #-Link-Snipped-# I thought we can have one for the opposite too.
Words sometimes hurt more than actions. Share the words that have discouraged you and we can each try never to use them. ๐Ÿ‘€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    None. I just don't let anyone discourage me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    1956. Beginning of anti brahmin movement in the then Madras State.
    Occasion: Interview (No common entrance exams then) for selection to engineering colleges of Madras University. Chairman Appadurai Mudaliar to me:'You are a Brahmin and have very good marks in English. Study economics'. No technical questions. My science grades not considered.
    Joined Andhra University.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    bioramani
    1956. Beginning of anti brahmin movement in the then Madras State.
    Occasion: Interview (No common entrance exams then) for selection to engineering colleges of Madras University. Chairman Appadurai Mudaliar to me:'You are a Brahmin and have very good marks in English. Study economics'. No technical questions. My science grades not considered.
    Joined Andhra University.
    That's BAD !
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sire, just a question, do you feel that things has changed over a period of time in next 56 years?

-CB
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    crazyboy
    That's BAD !
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sire, just a question, do you feel that things has changed over a period of time in next 56 years?-CB
    At least merit does gets its due to some extent with the entrance tests, not with standing reservations on various grounds
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    If you can't do it, don't do it ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Heard someone say this yesterday, "It wasn't your fault; you did the best you could."
    Sounds like one person consoling other, but it stops the other person from going for another try and aiming for better.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok, just thought of discouraging words I heard someone say -

"That's how life is ๐Ÿ‘Ž "
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The classic -

"This too shall pass".

๐Ÿ˜”
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Once a girl told me, "no matter how hard you work, you can't achieve anything more than what's written in your FATE". ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The_Big_K
    The classic -

"This too shall pass".

๐Ÿ˜”
    I thought that was supposed to be encouraging!! ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    silverscorpion
    I thought that was supposed to be encouraging!! ๐Ÿ˜’
    Well, the thing is words are just words. When we are down, those words can surely encourage. But listen to those words when you're happy and excited - and you're brought down to the hard reality. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You can't do this
    (I have post this in #-Link-Snipped-#? too. It depends on our attitude after hearing this.) โ˜•
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The_Big_K
    Well, the thing is words are just words. When we are down, those words can surely encourage. But listen to those words when you're happy and excited - and you're brought down to the hard reality. ๐Ÿ˜
    Exactly.. This should ideally teach us to be grounded, and not get too depressed when we're down or too excited when everything is going well..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    silverscorpion
    Exactly.. This should ideally teach us to be grounded, and not get too depressed when we're down or too excited when everything is going well..
    Come on, when I'm enjoying - I don't want to be told about the 'reality' and take away the happiness from the moments I'm supposed to be enjoying.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple's latest OSX offers Airdrop facility to share files between computers in near proximity. I'm looking for the maximum supported range. It just doesn't always work if the two OSX...
k.arunchary sr.hardwar engg self and working 2years in embedded systems to became prof.in electronincs in CE i found advance and new technology such that i can update my self in...
I see a lot of people get confused between Its and It's. I figured out an easy way to remember the correct usage and here it is - Its: Of...
here is the link where u can get information"https://docs.media.bitpipe.com/io_10x/io_101622/item_447918/VG.pdf".
Name; Stan Hooza Engineering trade; Forestry Location; Manicaland, Zimbabwe Occupation; Working Work experience; 9yrs Hobbies & interests; Reading detective material, watching outdoor sceneries, listening to music Aim in life; To...