Most commonly used types of tyres

are commonly used tyres in cars are tubeless or tyres with tubes..??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rajshekhar k h
    are commonly used tyres in cars are tubeless or tyres with tubes..??
    I believe tubeless tires are mostly commonly used in cars these days because of the advantages they offer over traditional tubed tires. I'd however tag #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# to answer this question for you 😀
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    At present all the cars in India are using the tubed tires.

tubeless tires are a different and a modern type of species and they will free us from the trouble of inflating our wheels.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, most modern tires are tubeless. They're safer and require less maintenance. A tubed tire when punctured goes flat quickly and more suddenly than a tubeless tire does. Tubes degrade, get pinched and need to be replaced.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    There's no such rule. If you are a budget guy, you will use tire with tubes. If you want convenience, tubeless tires is the way to go. Also, if your tubeless tire is beyond repair, your local mechanic will add a tube to the same!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The default tire system installed in almost all the modern cars, I believe is tubeless one for the obvious advantages stated by Gohm. Is there any brand that installs tubed tires? 😨
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Tata sure used to have tube tire option - atleast till last year.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi guys, I have a doubt. My Dio just crossed the 13500km mark and the rear tubeless tyre I got with it got a puncture.

Somehow I managed to screw things up by asking a mechanic (who is supposed to be an expert, but this guy has worked only in a tubed-tyre scenario (yeah f**k!)) to fix the puncture.

Being unaware of how exactly a tubeless tyre puncture should be fixed, I watched him remove the tyre and to my utmost bewilderment, he asked me where the f**king tube was! I took some time to educate him that it was a tubeless tyre scenario and he should know better.

Long story short, I watched him remove the valve through which we're supposed to fill air into the tubeless tyre from my rim (yeah, I learned about that only AFTER I screwed everything up) and add a tube inside the tyre.

Now it rides fine. But I got educated about the difference between tubeless and tubed tires and the safety reasons just earlier.

So my question, would I have to change the rim as well when I get a new set of tubeless tyres as the value on this one was destroyed??

#patheic.day

P.S.: One thing I'm not worried about is the tube, it was already 60% worn out on the centre area and I need to change the tube anyways. But my concern is about the rim. And at this point, I am unaware of the costs of a set of tubeless tyre and cost of a rim (if necessary).

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • SYED BASEERULLAH
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi guys, I have a doubt. My Dio just crossed the 13500km mark and the rear tubeless tyre I got with it got a puncture.

Somehow I managed to screw things up by asking a mechanic (who is supposed to be an expert, but this guy has worked only in a tubed-tyre scenario (yeah fuck!)) to fix the puncture.

Being unaware of how exactly a tubeless tyre puncture should be fixed, I watched him remove the tyre and to my utmost bewilderment, he asked me where the fucking tube was! I took some time to educate him that it was a tubeless tyre scenario and he should know better.

Long story short, I watched him remove the valve through which we're supposed to fill air into the tubeless tyre from my rim (yeah, I learned about that only AFTER I screwed everything up) and add a tube inside the tyre.

Now it rides fine. But I got educated about the difference between tubeless and tubed tires and the safety reasons just earlier.

So my question, would I have to change the rim as well when I get a new set of tubeless tyres as the value on this one was destroyed??

#patheic.day

P.S.: One thing I'm not worried about is the tube, it was already 60% worn out on the centre area and I need to change the tube anyways. But my concern is about the rim. And at this point, I am unaware of the costs of a set of tubeless tyre and cost of a rim (if necessary).

Well it depends on the condition of your rim. If your rim has any bends or worn outs or cracks then it is better to change it and if it seems alright no need to change it at all and please be careful about the words you use here.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    Well it depends on the condition of your rim. If your rim has any bends or worn outs or cracks then it is better to change it and if it seems alright no need to change it at all and please be careful about the words you use here.
    Thanks. And sorry about that.
  • SYED BASEERULLAH
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    Anoop Mathew
    Thanks. And sorry about that.
    No problem
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew

Somehow I managed to screw things up by asking a mechanic (who is supposed to be an expert, but this guy has worked only in a tubed-tyre scenario (yeah f**k!)) to fix the puncture.

Being unaware of how exactly a tubeless tyre puncture should be fixed, I watched him remove the tyre and to my utmost bewilderment, he asked me where the f**king tube was! I took some time to educate him that it was a tubeless tyre scenario and he should know better.

#patheic.day

Initially the tyre was tubeless. When it got punctured I turned it into tubed. Now i wanted to find out if i could change it back to tubeless.

Found the solution with a mechanic. You need a nozzle neck for the rim when you want to convert your tyre back to tubeless. This neck could be found with any local mechanic who knows the job well. Lucky for me, I found such a mechanic. Changed the tyre back to tubeless using the same rim.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been looking for the technical reasons why Indian Government is making Set Top Boxes compulsory and I found out that real reason behind the move is to free up...
Here's a final year CS project idea that's easy to implement yet innovative. The idea is not mine, but is inspired from a Japanese project described here - https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/password-security-with-multiple-dummy-mouse-cursors.67123/. Abstract...
Lot of freshers write to me via email about career in software testing, various growth opportunities that exist in India vs. career in software development. The main issue is that...
Traveling to Antarctica would definitely be a fun filled adventure provide you have a guide who can guide you through proper paths. The nice and smooth looking snow may have...
Kickstarter is an amazing initiative. It lets anyone post information about their project in front of people who can then decide to fund you with any amount. If people like...