Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth

[​IMG]
“A ‘Blue Marble’ image of the Earth taken from the VIIRS instrument aboard NASA’s most recently launched Earth-observing satellite - Suomi NPP. This composite image uses a number of swaths of the Earth’s surface taken on January 4, 2012. “

NASA has uploaded the full 64 Megapixel version to Flickr. All sizes | Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth - Blue Marble 2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! From there you can click over to see the 8000×8000 image on Flickr.

Photo and quote from NASA Goddard Space Flight Center | Flickr.

Source: ‘Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth’ | Flickr Blog

Replies

• I_am_Kunal :)
    I_am_Kunal :)
    Any idea how large the image of Google Earth is ?? The one which covers entire earth(down to maximum zoom level). 😀 . I mean yeah that is superimposition of many images but still , it's size in terms of megapixels must be amazing.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I_am_Kunal :)
    Any idea how large the image of Google Earth is ?? The one which covers entire earth(down to maximum zoom level). 😀 . I mean yeah that is superimposition of many images but still , it's size in terms of megapixels must be amazing.
    It is a composition of many millions of small images. As a whole, it would be a million miles long...
    To be exact, it is 510,072,000 km[sup]2[/sup]. 😉
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Praveen-Kumar
    [​IMG]
    “A ‘Blue Marble’ image of the Earth taken from the VIIRS instrument aboard NASA’s most recently launched Earth-observing satellite - Suomi NPP. This composite image uses a number of swaths of the Earth’s surface taken on January 4, 2012. “

NASA has uploaded the full 64 Megapixel version to Flickr. All sizes | Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth - Blue Marble 2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! From there you can click over to see the 8000×8000 image on Flickr.

Photo and quote from NASA Goddard Space Flight Center | Flickr.

Source: ‘Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth’ | Flickr Blog
    Amazing view. You can really see the Raman effect as the thin blue band of atmosphere. That is all the extent of the so called deep blue sky.
    bioramani
    Amazing view. You can really see the Raman effect as the thin blue band of atmosphere. That is all the extent of the so called deep blue sky.
    You mean to say the blue clouds? Yeah... 😀 Awesome one!!! 😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Praveen-Kumar
    You mean to say the blue clouds? Yeah... 😀 Awesome one!!! 😁
    NO, not the clouds. If you look at the edge of the earth the thin blue band (about 2 mm thick in the above image) is the actual atmosphere surrounding the earth. I went to your link to see the full image. It is clearer in that.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    bioramani
    NO, not the clouds. If you look at the edge of the earth the thin blue band (about 2 mm thick in the above image) is the actual atmosphere surrounding the earth. I went to your link to see the full image. It is clearer in that.
    Ya, looks beautiful.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Simply Gorgeous! 👍
    bioramani
    Oh okay... Sure... 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Wow, I never cared to read about the Raman effect. Could you explain it very briefly, with the context of the image?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    bioramani
    By any chance, did you mean Rayleigh Scattering?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    silverscorpion
    By any chance, did you mean Rayleigh Scattering?
    It is Sir C.VRaman that gave the ecorrect explanation for why the sky is blue.
    dear l, many t hanks for your letter
    bioramani
    It is Sir C.VRaman that gave the ecorrect explanation for why the sky is blue.
    dear l, many t hanks for your letter
    That was an awesome read sir! 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Praveen-Kumar
    That was an awesome read sir! 😀
    I had met Raman a few times. I very much wanted to do physics and work with him. It was not to be. However, I did get to work under Prof Ramaseshan, Raman's student and nephew, for many years. So in a sense I am Raman's grand student!
    bioramani
    I had met Raman a few times. I very much wanted to do physics and work with him. It was not to be. However, I did get to work under Prof Ramaseshan, Raman's student and nephew, for many years. So in a sense I am Raman's grand student!
    Sir you are so lucky!!! Seriously!!! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For my final year BE project have planned to implement remote desktop access via android, thou many apps are already available in the android market, planning to have new features....
I need to extract text from the image files. I am developing in c#.net and i tried using MODI, but it stopped working when i execute the code. Is there...
I am in final year of B.Tech, Comp Science. I'd like to know how to apply PhD programme at TIFR. TIA 😁
We invite software designers to join us and start influencing the environment by improving the efficiency of operations through profitable software development. We are offering positions as Motor Control Software...
I recently came across an innovative concept called "Rangsutra". What is Rangsutra? It is a business venture which aims to provide employment to millions of villiages. In India there are...