Mosfet Help

Hey all,

Need some help in working out what is goin on with my mosfet.

Mosfet : IRFB38N20DPBF
200v 44amp N- Channel

Its use: It receives a pulse from the output of my 555 (12-13v) an allows current to flow from the - terminal of a transformer to earth. (also 12-13v)

Problem: Im not getting any pulsing on the Drain Source side.

Troubleshooting: I have hooked it up to battery with the gate through a 50k resistor an without, and with a lamp as the load but stil get the same result which is. The drain- source stays on an eventually fades off, then when i turn the gate on, it does the same, the pulse of the on time is about 1min, where as i need it to be 400hz....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Check the pulses of 555,and you can set the pulse @400Hz from 555,change the MOSFET and see if the problem still persist.
  • atz88
    atz88
    yep checked the pulse from the 555 to gate at 400hz, an its a new mosfet
    how would you set it up in relation to resistors etc, im new to transistors sorry ?
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    if you have a Mosfet : IRFB38N20DPBF TEST jag then first check the respective MOS for any errors etc.and then later for application onto PLC board.Its 555 application can be monitored with Astable/Bistable /Monostable operations.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Why dont ya replace the mosfet with some other equivalent Mosfet

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just loved the presentation here -> THIRST So, how can each of us save water? 😀
I'm sure this subject is closer to hearts of millions of software engineers out there 😀 You've seen them before - they switch jobs every year for the heck of...
HI everybody i am facing lot of trouble in analyzing electronic circuits can any one suggest any website for basic electronics which can deal lot of transistor circuits.
could some1 plz tell me r there any other options in GPS other than navigation systems or tracking systems. i need to do my final year project.
Someone pointed me to this popular 'game' on other forums. So, let's try it out here. So, the next person to post in this thread is going to give me...