More Train Operators than Ever Expected at Train Communications Systems 2010

(Ledbury, April 28th) There is no escaping it, 2010 is the year WiFi on trains came of age. As more and more train operators around the world bite the bullet and introduce passenger WiFi services, BWCS is launching its fifth annual Train Communications Systems Conference #-Link-Snipped-# .
Once again train operators and suppliers from all over the world will converge on central London to discuss the benefits and costs of offering staff and passengers high-speed access to the internet on trains. This year a host of new operators have begun trials or fully-fledged WiFi services. These include Dutch, British, American, Japanese, Indian, German, Swedish, Finnish, Danish and French train companies who have all recently launched WiFi on-board services aimed at delivering benefits to passengers and cutting operating costs for the train companies involved.
According to Graham Wilde CEO of BWCS, “This type of service is fast becoming a must-have for passengers and is helping train companies in their battle against rival modes of transport. Not only do passengers come to expect it as a right, but the actual high-speed wireless connections can offer several handy cost-cutting services which are actually very appealing to the train companies.” Wilde continued, “The rail industry is not known for rapidly embracing new technology, but this is an area where it has shown real leadership.”
Wilde reflected that almost every train operator and supplier involved in, or interested in, this dynamic new sector will be at the conference, either presenting or attending. "This is now established as a truly global event and offers a great platform for train operators and suppliers to share their experiences in this area.”
BWCS, which has worked with many of the leading operators on the development and procurement of WiFi on train services, will host a series of presentations by the leading rail companies on the 2nd and 3rd of June at the Royal Horseguards Hotel in Westminster.

Among those presenting at Train Communications Systems 2010 will be: Amtrak, Indian Railways, MTA Boston, SJ Trains, Virgin Trains, Thalys, National Express Trains, VR Trains Finland, Swiss Trains and many more.
The conference is sponsored by Icomera, Nokia Siemens Networks and EURail Magazine. 21Net is sponsoring a cocktail event at the end of the first day.
Full details are available on the website #-Link-Snipped-# or via e-mail from #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Thought of sharing a smal story with you all, I have received this in an e-mail from my friend: It was a Sports Stadium. Eight Children were standing on the...
hey guys this is bookie.i am from india and my major is computers my aim in life is to live life lavishly i joined CE because i am a crazy...
So, the news is out. HP is buying Palm (the makers of WebOS and Pre phones) for $1.2 billion. The details of the deal aren't out yet and its not...
Q: How can I allows a class to be inherited but prevent the method from being over-ridden in c # programming language? 😁 Make happy those who are near, and...
my work will be on programming IC and using this programmed IC for different use in consumer electronics. our target is to have max 8k memory storage. we are looking...