Montblanc Timewalker Ultra Speed Collection Gets An Unique e-Strap Smart Wearable

2014 was the year of wearables as a plethora of smart wearables appeared in the limelight. Among all the wearables, smart watches were very successful in grabbing peoples attention. Initially the smartphone manufactures like Apple, Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. introduced smartwatches and now it looks like real timepiece makers are about to take the game to the next level by stepping into the smart wearable arena. Montblanc, the German watch manufacturer, has announced a smart wearable at the SIHH 2015 event held in Geneva.
CE001 CE002

Montblanc’s new Timewalker Urban Speed collection will be an unique smart wearable with a mechanically working watch on top and the strap of the watch will contain a display with smartwatch like features. They are trying to keep the balance between traditional watch and smart watch. The display is known as e-strap which is attached within the belt of the watch.
CE003
The e-strap comes in a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coated steel and sports a 128x36 OLED touchscreen display. It offers the usual features of a smart wearable like notification mirroring and tracking the health of the individual wearing it. There is no Android OS to be seen, as it runs company’s own software. The e-strap works when it is paired with the phone's bluetooth and there is a mobile app made by Montblanc that controls the various settings on the watch.

Talking about the availability and pricing, the e-strap will come in small and large size with various color options. The Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 (watch in the above picture) comes with a price tag of 4690 euros in which the module shares 250 euros. What is your call on the this unique blend of traditional watch with a e-strap? Share your views through comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great competitor for moto 360
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    aimed at the richie riches!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Each mobile messaging user has experienced the freak-out when a message gets sent to someone it's not supposed to read or when having second thoughts after hitting the 'send' button....
A new tablet featuring the Windows 8.1 operating system has arrived in India as HP Stream 8 makes it way on across e-commerce portals in the nation. The Wi-Fi enabled...
I want to share a very bad incidence which happened with me in 2013. While staying in Pune, during my absence (I was in office), someone theft my laptop and...
I logged in to CE today to contribute something since contributions my end because absolute last year, SO instead of I am back or some other posts i think this...
I just want to ask that if the scheduling algorithm by JRE is priority scheduling since the threads are executed on the basis of their priority ,then is time slicing...