'Modern Keyboard' from Microsoft has fingerprint sensor for user authentication

Say hello to the successor of the Surface Keyboard, called 'Modern Keyboard'. Microsoft silently launched this new accessory on its online store. The new keyboard has an on-board fingerprint sensor that can be used to authenticate users on the connected machine. Apart from the fingerprint sensor, the only other addition is the ability to connect wire. Both Surface and Modern keyboards look identical.

The fingerprint sensor has been included with the second Windows key on the right side of the space bar. Just by pressing a finger on the key, user can log-in to Windows 10 or other websites using 'Windows Hello'. The keyboard works with Windows 10, MacOS and even with the latest version of Android.

Microsoft-Modern-Keyboard

The Modern Keyboard is priced at $129.99. The release of this keyboard is bit surprising as Microsoft released the Surface Keyboard recently for just $99. While the keyboard is no means easy on pocket, it's said to be one of the best keyboards available in the market. Those who like typing on the laptop keyboards are surely going to like the new Modern Keyboard.

Microsoft offers year-long warranty and has included a set of batteries. Technical specs worth noting include 2.4 Ghz frequency, ~50ft range in open environment, Bluetooth 4.0/4.1. Microsoft says that the batteries will last for about 2 months on regular usage.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I hope this isn't considered an advertisement and that it will be removed. I have some FREE classes on www.coursera.org that folks may find useful for review, engineering assistance, etc....
The Android-powered Nokia 3 from the HMD Global has recently been unveiled with Nokia 6 and 5 in India. With the surge of customers going upwards, the Nokia 3 again...
A big shout out to all proud members of the Crazy Engineers community! I am sure that all of you would be pleased to know that fellow CE-an Amit Jha's...
One of the major problems with charging batteries of electric cars and even our cell phones is that we've to keep them connected to the chargers. Wouldn't it be nice...
The OnePlus 5 launch which is scheduled to happen on June 22nd (Thursday) at 2:00 PM at the Dome @ NSCI Mumbai, has us all speculating about the features to...