Mobile Operating System Market share Forecast [IDC]

IDC: The premier global market intelligence firm. has published a research about future of mobile OS #-Link-Snipped-#
Mobile Operating System
I think by 2016 everyone in the world will have a mobile phone.
By that time 52% of world will have Android devices and windows OS and iOS will have 20% of their slices.
Question is why Android devices are so booming?
In my view android is only OS which offer all price range from <$80 to highest end phone with versatile and adaptive environment and,
this is top reasons it surges too fast.

Replies

• optimystix@
    optimystix@
    The Android On the top Because of their user friendly System n large variety of useful application 😒
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Android is an open source hence I am loving it ;-)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are quite a few reasons for the popularity of Android. Google's taking the way Microsoft did long time ago with Windows. Microsoft allowed Windows to be shipped on hardware manufactured by other vendors. Apple on the other hand decided to be in charge of the hardware and software both. Microsoft could sell hundreds of thousands of OS licenses while Apple had to rely on the sales of their own hardware.

Google's offering their operating system free of cost to all the mobile manufacturers and that's why they've a greater adoption. It's quite natural and Google will take control of user's data and Apps so that they can promote their advertising programs. It's quite logical for Google to do so.

Plus, being open source, Google will always attract more developers to develop and port their apps to Android. Apple, I guess, will always remain more profitable.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends in my net lab some sites are banned such as facebook so i can't use my fb accout whenever i m present in my net lab can any...
A turbo charged engine unleashes the power of chervolet optra magnum.so, what you get is an unmatched driving experience, great fuel efficiency and lower emissions. All of this and more...
Hello Sir/ Ma'am , On behalf of GITM Group of Institutions ,Gurgaon, it gives us immense pleasure to introduce WAVES 2012- Our ANNUAL TECHNO SPORTS CULTURAL ENIGMA from 5th Nov...
my dear friends can any one tell me about the sites where i can give my gate practice test for free. whichever sites i login it only require is the...
I've been trying out all the possible ways to log into the university computers but all has not worked out ....I tried out the command prompt option but 5 system...