Mobile App Development Classes - Suggestions

So guys ive done my certification in Java(SCJP/OCJP) and i am thinking of joining Android or iOS development classes,Which one would you guys suggest will stand good in the future ?is it either android or ios and it would be even more awesome if people living in chennai would suggest me a place where i can start the training . 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd suggest pick up the platform which is easier for you to access. If you have access to both, it wouldn't be much difficult to learn App development on both iOS and Android. We've several CEans logged in from Chennai so let's wait for institute/class suggestions. 😀

None of us here can predict what will stand 'great' in future. But looking at current situation and growth of these platforms, we can say with lot of certainty that both iOS and Android will continue to exist. Android market is much bigger but from what I've read on various resources is that the iOS platform is more profitable for the developers.
  • giz1sup
    giz1sup
    According to me, Blackberry 10 OS will have gr8 value in future. One should only know C++ for this. Blackberry NDK tutorial is simple to learn.
  • Jayesh.V
    Jayesh.V
    #-Link-Snipped-# : i've been told the same about the future of those two, and so anyways ive finalized it to Android and ken anyone suggest me a good place to start my carrier in Android ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Android of course is a great platform to begin App development. What exactly are you referring to through 'good place to start'? Are you asking for a company or geographic location or a training institute?

PS: 'Carrier' & 'Career' are two different words. In above post, 'career' would be the correct word.
  • Jayesh.V
    Jayesh.V
    The_Big_K
    Android of course is a great platform to begin App development. What exactly are you referring to through 'good place to start'? Are you asking for a company or geographic location or a training institute?
    yea i am looking for an training institute in chennai since i cant find any
    standard or reputed institutes to start with.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    giz1sup
    According to me, Blackberry 10 OS will have gr8 value in future. One should only know C++ for this. Blackberry NDK tutorial is simple to learn.
    An OS doesn't have a future unless it is supported by major hardware players. BB10 is limited in that sense. WebOS, Maemo, Meego etc. are wonderful OSes but died because of the same reason.

On a lighter note, one need only know Java for Android and objective C for iOS.

Coming to OPs question, I'd advise to get some hands-on experience rather than go on accumulating certificates in unrelated areas. This might include working for a company or contributing to some open-source initiatives.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Blackberry Z10 was sold out in flat two days in India after its official launch and ever since then, BB users were eagerly waiting for the arrival of WhatsApp messenger....
well, i was searching ideas for designing very fluidic and ergonomic web interfaces (just to compile info to use it in future) when i came across this: https://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2008/elasticmind/ the web...
IIT Kanpur has launched the Startup Internship and Placement Program (SIPP). The aim of the program is to connect the startup companies with IIT Kanpur students who are willing to...
Samsung Galaxy S4 is just a few hours away from official unveiling but the news leakers have already gotten access to the demo videos of the new features that Samsung...
RSS aka Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication - the standard web format has been with us since 1999 when it was developed by Dan Libby and Ramanathan V....