MNP In India: CDMA To GSM Switching

Starting January 20th, 2011 all mobile network operators in India have launched MNP aka Mobile Number Portability service. The top question almost everyone is asking is whether MNP allows switching from GSM to CDMA and vice-versa. The answer is yes. You might have to get a handset that supports the technology you're switching to.

#-Link-Snipped-#
GSM - CDMA

The MNP is surely going to pressurize the mobile network operators to improve the quality of service. Loop Mobile has openly posted on #-Link-Snipped-# that they will compensate their subscribers for the call drops and poor call qualities. Also, if they do not activate any service within 15 minutes, they'll offer you coffee at Cafe Coffee Day.

Which company do you think is going to win the race? The reports show that in Haryana, where the MNP was launched first in India, Vodafone got most number of number porters. What's your take on it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, that should be allowed. You'll have to get the UPC code and then buy new tata docomo SIM. Enter the UPC code while filling up the form. Your CDMA number should be ported to GSM on Tata Docomo.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First look at this new Gizmo makes you believe that it’s unreal or that it belongs to some sci-fi movie. The new bizarre UR-110 uses planetary gear arrangement for both...
I bought a Micromax Q75 last November. I bought it after a very good friend of mine said that he has bought Q7 and it has got a very nice...
Online advertising has helped many websites flourish and programs like Google Adsense have made it easier for anyone to display advertising on their website and earn revenues through it. We...
Computer Science PhD student Tom Christy and professor Lucy Kuncheva of Bangor University UK are working on a prototype device that will enable computers to read and interpret human moods...
I bet you will give your printer a surprised second look. Yes! 3d printing is now a reality in India. The czars in printer industry have launched their Designjet Color...