CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@prahu mac • 09 May, 2016

can you please explain us about what are the minimum thicknesses for pcc in proportions for all the civil works i,e from raft to finishing of a building?

@shaji.m • 10 May, 2016 minimum thickness of PCC should be 50mm of M10 or M15.
@KSS Manian • 10 Jun, 2016
prahumac
civil works i,e from raft to finishi
I am not sure what your are referring as PCC. As per my knowledge it is a Plain cement concrete, which is a bed layer used to laid on the ground. Over that foundation will be rested. Usually it will be 10cm thick.
@bill yorke • 19 Jan, 2020 • 1 like

The PCC is mainly laid to provide a rigid impervious layer for to RCC over the excavated area before any masonry works set in.  PCC minimum thickness should be 300 mm and 600mm in deep excavations.  In any case it is advisable that the thickness should not exceed 1500mm. 

5.4k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 29, 2012

My quest for the best router in the market never ceases to end. I'm looking for the recommendations on what we'd typically call "the best long range wireless router". I'd...
5.1k views

@Yamini L · Apr 1, 2008

India is the second largest IT(information technology) talent pool in the world for many reasons...But now a days, there has been a widespread notion that china too is developing in...
6.1k views

@pratap singh, upendra · Oct 17, 2013

Hi, what could be the physical significance of the thermal voltage encountered in semiconductor devices. Does it's physical significance change on changing the device under test. regards, proffy
3.9k views

@vadhiv · Feb 19, 2009

hi 2 all and i have some general doubts pl ease clarify 1)explain the diff b/w relay ,switch and circuit breaker 2) give with real time practical examples for easily...
7k views

@akesh · Dec 30, 2009

hi sir i want to organise some intersting and new events in my college technical event which was going to held on feb so please give me some ideas about...
9.6k views