CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@prahu mac • 09 May, 2016

can you please explain us about what are the minimum thicknesses for pcc in proportions for all the civil works i,e from raft to finishing of a building?

@shaji.m • 10 May, 2016 minimum thickness of PCC should be 50mm of M10 or M15.
@KSS Manian • 10 Jun, 2016
prahumac
civil works i,e from raft to finishi
I am not sure what your are referring as PCC. As per my knowledge it is a Plain cement concrete, which is a bed layer used to laid on the ground. Over that foundation will be rested. Usually it will be 10cm thick.
@bill yorke • 19 Jan, 2020 • 1 like

The PCC is mainly laid to provide a rigid impervious layer for to RCC over the excavated area before any masonry works set in.  PCC minimum thickness should be 300 mm and 600mm in deep excavations.  In any case it is advisable that the thickness should not exceed 1500mm. 

8k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 10, 2014

It's common knowledge that when Xiaomi Redmi 1S arrived in India, the news of its launch spread like wildfire. The flash sale model on Flipkart was a big hit and...
11.6k views

@Pradeep Somu · Mar 23, 2014

I am interested in learning a programming Language and was just wondering which language would be the most flexible and useful, both for Research and for my field. Any idea...
6.1k views

@Lovesharma · Apr 7, 2012

I've got 10th : 69% and 12th : 60%Btech :1 sem : 65%, 2 sem : 60%, 3 sem : 64%, 4 sem : 69%, 5 sem : 80% (3th...
28.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 1, 2012

Electrical Engineers here can Gather! Here is a thread dedicated to listing down and discussing all the internship opportunities in India in any city for the Summer of 2013. Those...
3.9k views

@mohan kuman · May 13, 2012

what are the functions of head regulator ,cross regulator
4.5k views