@prahu mac • 09 May, 2016

can you please explain us about what are the minimum thicknesses for pcc in proportions for all the civil works i,e from raft to finishing of a building?

@shaji.m • 10 May, 2016 minimum thickness of PCC should be 50mm of M10 or M15.
@KSS Manian • 10 Jun, 2016
prahumac
civil works i,e from raft to finishi
I am not sure what your are referring as PCC. As per my knowledge it is a Plain cement concrete, which is a bed layer used to laid on the ground. Over that foundation will be rested. Usually it will be 10cm thick.
@bill yorke • 19 Jan, 2020 • 1 like

The PCC is mainly laid to provide a rigid impervious layer for to RCC over the excavated area before any masonry works set in.  PCC minimum thickness should be 300 mm and 600mm in deep excavations.  In any case it is advisable that the thickness should not exceed 1500mm. 

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...