Minimum hardware requirements for Android KitKat 4.4?

I'm curious to know what are the minimum hardware requirements for Android KitKat 4.4. There have been rumors circulating on the Internet that the latest Android flavour will be supported on 'relatively' lower end smartphones (as per today's standards). @#-Link-Snipped-# has started a discussion about it here -> Your Low-End Device Might get Kit-Kat 4.4 update. . I tried searching the official Android website but couldn't find a mention of the hardware specs required to run Android KitKat.

There are a few blogs that have been claiming that the KitKat will run on minimum 512 MB of RAM and will do fine with processors that operate at < 1 GHz. But there are no references to back the claims. If anyone knows, please do reply.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like Google has considerably reduced the system requirements for Android 4.4 Kitkat. In doing this Google has made it possible to run Kitkat on much lower power devices.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PCI>Peripheral Component Interconnect, IDE>Integrated Drive Electronic, HDd>Hard Disk Drive, CMOS>Complementary Metal Oxide Semi-conductor, USB>Universal Serial Bus, OS>Operating System. Stay tune more are loading.
Once the darling of smartphone & email lovers, the hot favorite of high flying business executives is now looking for a buyer. The company that's solely responsible for introducing &...
Molten air batteries have been demonstrated to offer highest ever energy storage capacities, making the competition look dwarf. For the first time, researchers have been able to manufacture molten-air batteries...
I just installed a free version of google play book from play store.It was used for reading books both online and offline.i selected a freebook from it and decided to...
Hello all I would like to know what is an ad hoc variable. Can you put in some examples too? Thank you in advance