mini project on mobile detector

i have got a circuit for mobile detector and i am not sure how to increase the range of the detector. i shall post full details of the circuit and if any one can tell me how can i interept the signals through some noise or some other medium prompting the user to either switch of the phone or cut the call.....

if any body can tell me i would be really grateful

the details are as given below

[FONT="]Cellular Phone calling Detector[/FONT]
[FONT="]Flashes a LED when detecting an incoming call[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]​
[FONT="]Powered by one 1.5V cell[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]​
[FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="][​IMG][/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]​
[FONT="]

Parts: [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]R1____________100K 1/4W Resistor[/FONT]
[FONT="]R2______________3K9 1/4W Resistor[/FONT]
[FONT="]R3______________1M 1/4W Resistor[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]C1,C2_________100nF 63V Polyester Capacitors[/FONT]
[FONT="]C3____________220µF 25V Electrolytic Capacitor[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]D1______________LED Red 10mm. Ultra-bright (see Notes)[/FONT]
[FONT="]D2___________1N5819 40V 1A Schottky-barrier Diode (see Notes)[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Q1____________BC547 45V 100mA NPN Transistor[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]IC1____________7555 or TS555CN CMos Timer IC[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]L1_____________Sensor coil (see Notes)[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]B1_____________1.5V Battery (AA or AAA cell etc.)[/FONT]
[FONT="]Device purpose:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]This circuit was designed to detect when a call is incoming in a cellular phone (even when the calling tone of the device is switched-off) by means of a flashing LED.
The device must be placed a few centimeters from the cellular phone, so its sensor coil L1 can detect the field emitted by the phone receiver during an incoming call. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]Circuit operation:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]The signal detected by the sensor coil is amplified by transistor Q1 and drives the monostable input pin of IC1. The IC's output voltage is doubled by C2 & D2 in order to drive the high-efficiency ultra-bright LED at a suitable peak-voltage. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]Notes:[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]

• [FONT="]Stand-by current drawing is less than 200µA, therefore a power on/off switch is unnecessary. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Sensitivity of this circuit depends on the sensor coil type. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
  • [FONT="]L1 can be made by winding 130 to 150 turns of 0.2 mm. enameled wire on a 5 cm. diameter former (e.g. a can). Remove the coil from the former and wind it with insulating tape, thus obtaining a stand-alone coil. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
  • [FONT="]A commercial 10mH miniature inductor, usually sold in the form of a tiny rectangular plastic box, can be used satisfactorily but with lower sensitivity. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
  • [FONT="]IC1 must be a CMos type: only these devices can safely operate at 1.5V supply or less. [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
  • [FONT="]Any Schottky-barrier type diode can be used in place of the 1N5819: the BAT46 type is a very good choice.
    [/FONT]
this is the link to the circuit

#-Link-Snipped-#

this is another link to another circuit

#-Link-Snipped-#

and any one sugeest me which is a better circuit

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i just saw an article about sleeping policeman to generate electricity,iam interested to do project in this topic.suggest me useful ideas/links to complete this project. I will more grateful...
hello friends, the image below is a circuit diagram for automatic bell using mc.. Got it from college library. Can somebody explain it..am afraid, i cant understand this... Thanx in...
The Last edition of the workshop turned out to be a success with the participants ending up happy with their bots and learnings. So here we are back with it...
hi everyone, i m pushparaj, completed my Mechanical engineering this year. i have good knowledge in designing in PROE and Auto Cadd. if anyone willing to offer me a chance...
I've a CASIO 991-MS😒..I'm used to solving system of algebraic equations using it..Please tell me if there is any way i can solve a system of eqns with complex coefficients...