Millennium Challenge Tower: 6076 ft tall!

Everybody knows that the Burj Khalifa won't be the tallest tower in future. The Millennium Challenge is all set to break the records and stand a full mile tall! 😒

This concept tower has also been referred to as the Al Jaber Tower in accordance with its possible placement in Kuwait. This tower would soar to a full nautical mile, 1852 meters, or over 6000 feet. Italian architect Omero Marchetti, the founder of the Millennium Challenge 1852 project, says "to reach [a marine mile] you cannot use concrete, orthogonal grids, traditional systems, mortars, [and] cranes." The building would dispense with right angles and perpendicular planes as these structural engineering norms make large quantities of cast iron and concrete "follow an unnatural and twisted geometry," Marchetti says. He has instead looked to the hexagonal matrices of snowflakes, which as structurally supported objects combine high volume with low weight. Marchetti says that currently three groups of investors in different parts of the world are interested in making the Millennium Challenge Tower a reality, a step he believes is necessary to make a sustainable planet. "I think we have not a second chance, or if you prefer, we have not a second planet," Marchetti says. "I tell you that this is the future, which is up to us to capture now."
[video=youtube;-QM6KmHPjiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QM6KmHPjiU[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are shoes made with velcro fasteners. However, I have never seen an adapter kit that would let one retrofit a pair of laced shoes to use a velcro fastener....
Hi.. Friends.. --Goto Run box --Type "cmd or command.com" --will show cmd interface... --type following information C:\>shutdown -s -m \\Network System name for example... C:\>shutdown -s -m \\deepasri-pc similarly, (-r...
Hello, Please help me. I am doing my project and i have problem If you can help me I want to know how can produce easy hydrogen from water (seawater)...
hello friends, i am deepak basically from kanpur.now i am at nagpur doing my engineering in electrical stream. i am here to increase my knowledge and for making friends.i came...
hi friends , i m trying to make bot walking on two legs and able to climb stairs.but i have difficulties on mass transfer from one leg to other ?...