MIHAN @ Nagpur - International Cargo Hub - Construction & Updates

MIHAN aka Multimodal International Cargo Hub & Airport Nagpur is one of the most ambitious construction projects in central India. In terms of investments, it's one of the biggest project underway in India. MIHAN aims to exploit the geographical location & infrastructure the city of Nagpur provides which makes it a natural choice for a hub. The area-wise distribution of the project is as follows (source Wikipedia) -

Total Project Area 4025 ha.
Airport 1200 ha.
Road & Rail Terminal 200 ha.
Captive Power House 52 ha.
IT Parks 400 ha.
Health City 60 ha.
Other Manufacturing & Value Added Units 963 ha.
International School 10 ha.
Residential, Open Spaces, Hotels, Roads, Interchange & RoB,
Water Supply, Storm Water Drainage, Sewage System,
Entertainment, Utility & Land for IAF (exchange) 1140 ha.

Following images show the ongoing development at MIHAN. Image Credit: www.mh-31.com

mihan-nagpur-6mihan-nagpur-15

Following video gives a detailed idea of the MIHAN -

Looking forward to construction updates, developments and news on this mega project.

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Some more pictures mh-31.com.

A #-Link-Snipped-# on Wordpress shares his field trip experience to the MIHAN.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, MIHAN Nagpur Progress is at snail's speed. Just looking for insights on how this project is being constructed. It would be fantastic to have civil engineers who can tell us a bit about this project, how it's being constructed and so on. I even don't know what questions to ask ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    I even don't know what questions to ask ๐Ÿ˜›
    Hehe. ๐Ÿ˜
    Even I try to post a question and then I wonder in what way is it related to Civil Engineering. ๐Ÿ˜•

I remember in first year we had a Basic Civil Engineering as a subject. I loved the field experiments and drawing the sheets.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can u please tell me how can i improve my g.k in software field?
Spurthi 12 is a Technical Symposium organized by SRKR Engineering College, Bhimavaram. It is a two day national level technical symposium prodigiously heralded by Computer Science and Engineering students to...
Xeuron 12 is a Bio Medical Techfest organized by Thodomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai. It is the first ever biomedical techfest conducted by any biomedical college in India. Its aim...
hello people, well i just did my 1st blog. i want you all to read it and give your frank reviews.. ๐Ÿ˜€ visit :
Almost all thermal power plants around the world using coal as fuel are based on principles of Rankine cycle. Maximum cycle efficiency is 40 to 42%. The heat transfer between...