Microsoft YouTube Channel Hacked And Regained!

Microsoft’s officialMicrosoft - YouTube seems to have been usurped by someone not associated with the company, who has deleted all of the videos and posted entreaties to people asking for sponsorships, apparently expecting an influx of traffic as the news disperses. The company states that it is no public stunt.

#-Link-Snipped-#
This is how the channel looked at 9.45am(Pacific Time) Source: GeekWire

People who have subscribed to the Microsoft's videos and updates on the Youtube channel have received notifications about  two new uploads by the company, both of them very basic videos evidently tapping advertisements for the channel. Then a third video was uploaded which was very similar to the previous two. The channel background has been changed and all of the company’s archived videos, including the ones of its newly launched advertising campaign, have been deleted.
A message on the channel went like this:  “I DID NOTHING WRONG I SIMPLY SIGNED INTO MY ACCOUNT THAT I MADE IN 2006 :/”

A leading technology#-Link-Snipped-# got hold of the company to know about these developments. They got these from the company:
11:40 a.m.(Pacific Time): Microsoft stated they were aware that someone had altered the YouTube channel devoted to Microsoft videos.  They were working with YouTube to rectify the situation.

2:07 p.m.(Pacific Time): A new statement from Microsoft added that they had regained control of the Microsoft channel on YouTube, and that they were working to restore all of the original content. They'll be continuing their relationship with YouTube and will ensure better safeguards in the future.

The recent reports show that they have regained access to their site. We just hope that Google, which is the proud parent of YouTube, takes into account that such things are avoided in the future. It has a duty to protect its corporate partners. By ignoring its duty, it may be endangering all corporate YouTube accounts. The users believed that all this notifications and updates were just a prank played by MS before realizing the gravity of the situation.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tianyu In China is the e-commerce giant in China. Alibaba had unveiled Aliyun Operating System (based on Linux) in July, following which Engadget had reported that they will bring English...
It made ripples across automobile market when TATA took it over. Now once more Land Rover has something in store for Indian car lovers. The company has decided to launch...
Earlier today, we reported that Google's upcoming music service is integrating with Google+ and now we've news that Google is looking to integrate their popular blogging platform called 'blogger' aka...
Bonefire.im, a hot new U.K based startup came up with an idea of adding instant messaging to Twitter and launched it successfully. Now any one can do real-time chat with...
People attracted towards glass office buildings might find it intriguing that man kind is taking a lead in creating sustainable future. Cornell University proposes an energy efficient solution for New...