Microsoft to launch Azure cloud service Jan 1

Microsoft Corp said on Tuesday it will launch its long-awaited Windows Azure cloud computing system on Jan 1, as it looks to take advantage of the growing interest in internet-based software and services.

Azure, which provides an online platform for software developers to create their own programs, and space for customers to store data, was rolled out for experimentation a year ago.

The service will go fully live at the beginning of next year, Microsoft's chief software architect Ray Ozzie told the company's annual software developers conference on Tuesday.

The first month of the service will be free, and billing will start in February, said Ozzie.

Microsoft is expected to be a big player in the cloud computing market -- broadly the trend towards running software in remote data centers and accessing it over the Internet -- but has lagged behind pioneering rivals such as Amazon.com Inc, which already sells cloud-based storage, and Google Inc, which offers a range of free, online software.

Source:siliconindia

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Microsoft surely want to give it a best shot this time as the market competition is getting fierce and more fierce

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just got the news that our CEan Mahesh_Dahale is now Microsoft Certified Professional ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Heartiest congratulations to Mahesh! Rock on!
CEans, Here's our review of the book - https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/prisoners-of-hate-by-c-v-murali-book-review.62820/ If you have any questions, comments; post them here. We'll try to have the author to comment ๐Ÿ˜€ Best,
can somebody provide me source code of media player in java i need to submit as my project and i have no lead so if any one can then please...
Many might have already come across these words: but just a repea fort hose who dont know this man's speech! frankly speaking, Wipro Technologies is a competitive vendor and though...
Actually I have a rar file but there is no winRAR on the system there is win ZIP on this computer Can anyone tell how to use this file now...