CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • radeeyjd

MemberAug 16, 2008

pleas visit #-Link-Snipped-#
    this web and say abt it...............😕
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Differential

MemberAug 22, 2008

Really awsome......!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 22, 2008

Microsoft surface is good. They even came up with something like sphere. I still wonder if we'll be using 'surface'. What do you think fellas?
    Cancel
  • Mayur Pathak

MemberAug 24, 2008

Good one! Nice to see Microsoft coming out with such products.
    Cancel
  • xheavenlyx

MemberAug 26, 2008

This idea wasnt by Microsoft! 😀

It was done long back by someone, cannot look it up right now and it can be made at home pretty easily.

Here are two links:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

here is an extract from the second link:

Microsoft's Surface multi-touch table sure is cool, but who has US$10,000 to spend on a gadget like that? I personally have maybe fifty bucks to my name right now, so I guess I'll have to fulfil my multi-touch itch with a cardboard box and a webcam like this guy.

Seth Sandler, an undergraduate student at UC San Diego, built a portable multi-touch pad out of a cardboard box, a piece of glass, paper, and his Philips SPC900NC webcam. The camera picks up on the shadows created by your fingers when they're placed on the pad's surface. A tracking software then transfers the motions onto a computer screen. Multi-touch goodness at an incredibly low cost—looks like I can afford to eat this month after all!
    Maybe CE can make it someday. 😀
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 26, 2008

hehe 😛

Funnily enough, the Philips SPC900NC is the same webcam we want to use for our CE Bot *grin*
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register