Microsoft Surface Phone Might Be On The Cards - Microsoft Offers A Hint

The Microsoft Surface tablets series has been a runaway hit with customers and now, Microsoft may soon unveil the 'Surface Phone'. Chris Capossela, Chief Marketing Officer of Microsoft hinted about its release on the Windows Weekly podcast last week. He stated that Microsoft was working on a high end smartphone, which could well be the much rumored Surface phone. He also gave a short speech about windows 10 mobile devices and regarding Windows 10 updates for phones and PCs which are still running windows 7 or windows 8.

Capossela, during the interview, gave a hint that Microsoft might be working on a 'Surface' branded smartphone that would be superior to any smartphone ever released. According to him, the Surface phone will be a ‘spiritual equivalent’ of the Surface Tablet line. However, he also added that the phone is still in the development process and would take quite some time to be released in the market.

surface_phone

Recent reports suggest that the much awaited phone will be launched in the latter part of 2016. The phone is likely to be powered by an Intel processor, that is much more powerful than recent Qualcomm offerings. The idea behind replacing Qualcomm is to make the device usable as a pc monitor with a detachable keyboard, similar to their newly released Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL.

In the interview, he revealed that the company is still trying to push users to Windows 10 which means that the Dialogue window of windows 10 update will keep popping up for users who haven't opted for the update as yet. Chris added that Microsoft believes that every user bears the right to have a safer, more secure and the latest Windows OS environment. He further proclaimed that Windows 10 has been proved successful, as it has received a heart-warming response from 110 million people who have switched to the latest version.

It seems likely that the new Surface phone will also run Windows 10 and turn out to be a worthy successor to the current Lumia series of smartphones. We are yet to see what Microsoft has in store for us in 2016, but the prospects seem to be very bright.

Source: Microsoft Marketing Chief Chris Capossela

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey all mech guys check this out. It's really cool how a workshop is treated in MIT. I remember my first year when I attended workshop classes in my college...
Tooth decay or dental caries which is claimed to be the second most common disease affecting the people worldwide after common flu, can now be prevented better in future, if...
The cheapest ASUS smartphone has arrived in India today. The ASUS Zenfone Go 4.5 is the younger sibling of the recently launched ASUS Zenfone Go that costs Rs. 7299. The...
Samsung Pay, the online payment service of the South Korean multinational conglomerate will expand both in terms of features and accessibility. In a recent interview, Thomas Ko, global co-general manager...
South-Korea based MNC, LG is about to launch their all new Tone + Bluetooth Stereo headset Infinim (HBS-910) in the Consumer Electronics trade show (CES) to be held in January....