Microsoft So.Cl (http://so.cl) goes live for everyone

Microsoft so.cl (read social) is live for everyone. The website's come out of beta from several months of testing. Initially, the so.cl networking was available only to select college students and Microsoft employees, however the company's raised the curtains over the network to everyone.

Everyone with Microsoft or Facebook account can login to socl service. It's a combo of search meets the networking. I'm yet to fully explore it. If you've some spare time, give the new service a try and post your opinions in this thread. Do you think we're noticing a rise of a new giant?

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    What is Socl?
    Socl — pronounced social — allows you to express and share your ideas through rich post collages comprised of images, links, captions and videos.
    Socl is a research project from Microsoft Research FUSE Labs and began as an experiment in social search targeted at students for the purpose of learning. Following the lead of the Socl community, Socl has since evolved to be a service where people connect over shared interests expressed through beautiful posts that take only seconds to create.
    For details: #-Link-Snipped-#

The green theme looks interesting, since they have decided to bring up common categories into a collage format. Wonder how well people will grasp it, considering the fact that Facebook has already acquired Instagram. 😘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

and what is the importance and use of this fourier series,transforms and laplace transforms in electrical engg.
Hello Friends I am in development since last 1.5 years and but now I am fed up of development, but it is also true that I have only interest in...
hi friends.i have an interest to do the project based on the concept of fluorescent light or about fuse ...can u give any idea..........first give me the detail information about...
Kurukshetra 2013 – The International Techno-Management festival that puts College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, a cut above the rest! Uniquely placed as the first ever student organized event with...
how many types automation used in industaries? means for example embedded , gsm etc