Microsoft Security Threat: Hotmail Passwords Exposed

Microsoft Corp said on Monday that passwords belonging to some users of its Hotmail email service were exposed on an Internet site, but had since been taken down.

The company did not say how many users were affected, but some reports suggested that passwords to more than 10,000 accounts were exposed.

"We are aware that some Windows Live Hotmail customers' credentials were acquired illegally by a phishing scheme and exposed on a website," a Microsoft spokesman said.

Phishing is a scam whereby fraudsters get hold of personal information by sending out emails under the guise of a bank, IT department or some other trustworthy source. Microsoft said the passwords had been removed from the offending website, which it did not identify, and said it had blocked access to all affected accounts and was helping users to reclaim their Hotmail accounts.

The software company said the exposure of the passwords was not a breach of any Microsoft servers.

Ref: #-Link-Snipped-#

-CB

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Thanks for information
  • safwan
    safwan
    Thanks CB ,
    My primary mail client is Hotmail.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have started a thread "CrazyBoy's VBScripting luctures" for the basic concept of VBScripting. While practicing the VBScripting or anytime if you face problem in executing the VBScripting code, please...
If we talk about scripting languages, we can not forget to speak about VBScripting. VBScripting is Microsoft's Visual Basic Scripting Edition, the newest member of the Visual Basic family of...
OK. Frankly I slept during 'Saawariya' ,and so was the next movie and this time around the name itself says that guy out there is a lazy butt. He looks...
We all are tech savy people. Since our engineering days, we learned that, what should be the configuration of the computer and how much it will cost us. We learnt...
Hey guys does any 1 have solution manual of error control coding, shu lin. if any 1 have it plz send it to me on my email id