Microsoft Releases First Build Of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones

Microsoft has announced the release of the first build of Windows 10 technical preview for phones. This experimental build of Windows 10 for phones is currently available for Lumia 630, Lumia 638, Lumia 635, Lumia 730, Lumia 636 and Lumia 830. Interested Windows Phone customers including enthusiasts, developers and IT professionals have to sign up for the Windows Insider Program and register their device in order to get the update. The early Windows 10 build will be received by users in form of over the air updates. Microsoft promises that it shall roll out newer builds right up to the consumer launch of Windows 10 for phones. If any user finds any bugs or wants to make some suggestions to Microsoft regarding their new operating system, they shall be able to do it with the help of the built-in Windows Feedback app. Unlike the Windows Phone 8.1 technical preview, customers will be given the option of reverting back to their existing Windows Phone version at any time.

Windows 10

Microsoft admits that current builds of Windows 10 for phones are not polished and provides a detailed list of issues along with their workaround in the launch announcement #-Link-Snipped-#. Even though, Microsoft proudly claims that these experimental builds have not bricked a single phone in their offices, it goes on to warn that it is not impossible that your phone might get bricked in the process of the upgrade. While Microsoft is planning to provide a detailed look into Windows 10 for phones at the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona next month, its corporate vice president Joe Belfiore has uploaded a video on YouTube in which he showcases some highlights of the operating system including full-size background image for Start, more quick actions in action centre, interactive toast notifications, enhanced speech-to-text capability and a revamped Photos app. You can check out the embedded video below to see these features in action and continue reading on this development at the source link below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : We propose to build a rover vehicle which can autonomously traverse the sandy plains of desert regions and also survey the landscape for the presence...
Project Abstract / Summary : Water treatment plants play a very important role in the sustainment of community health. Applying standard computer vision based solutions has a positive impact on...
Everytime I push or commit change in github, I have to manually add github username and password. I did configured first time github credentials but I guess I am doing...
Lobbying is in simple terms the art of influencing an entity to turn it into your favour. This entiny may refer to corporates, governments, politicians or policies of a country....
Project Abstract / Summary : We are introducing a new aluminum-based hydrogen generation system that uses aluminum, water and sodium hydroxide solution as its fuel. This reaction produces hydrogen at...