Microsoft Office 2013 price in India

Microsoft launched Office 2013 few months ago in public beta and has announced that the official launch will follow on October 25. The company recently released the pricing of Office 2013 products, I was looking for the prices in India but couldn't find. So I thought of converting the USD prices into INR to see how much the latest productivity suit will cost to Indians.

Office 2013 Home & Student will cost $139.99: Rs. 7591
Office 2013 Home & Business is $219.99 : Rs. 11930
Office 2013 Professional will retail for $399.99: Rs. 21691

Office 365 Home Premium is $99.99 per year (or $8.33 per month)
That is: Rs. 5422 per year Or Rs. 451 per month

Office 365 Small Business Premium is $149.99 per year per user (or $12.50 per month per user)
That is: Rs. 8134 per year OR Rs. 677 per month per user.

Now a lot of people ask their computer vendors to install Microsoft Office without knowing that they've to pay the price to use it. Microsoft Office 2013 (and all office previous versions were commercial software). I'm curious to know how many of you are willing to pay that money to use office?

Secondly, what are the alternatives to MS Office that you can use? Frankly speaking I'm yet to find any 'true' alternatives to the pack offered by Microsoft. Also note that these prices are for the Windows version of the software. I'm curious to know how MS prices those for OSX, Mac.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Solar Roadways seem to have come up with a solution to end world's energy problems. Looks like a team of engineers is proposing to turn roads into solar powered energy...
Indian Government seems to be planning an agency to monitor what's happening on the Indian online media. The agency will make sure that there are no 'negative comments' about the...
MindTree company when coming to hire students from campus, goes through a selection procedure where aptitude paper test is the first round. In MindTree aptitude test paper, logical reasoning is...
I can't understand what it exactly means. Please explain it properly if possible.
I want to see this post here soon why is it still taking so long to show up