Microsoft office 2013 license cannot be transferred to other computer

With the earlier versions of Microsoft Office, it was possible to transfer the license from one computer to other - meaning you had to remove the office installation from one computer completely and then then install on your new computer and then register your product from the new machine. But not anymore with Office 2013.

Microsoft has made it sure that a copy of Office 2013 will remain married to the machine it's installed first on and transfer of license from one machine to other is not possible.

Not sure if it's a good move!

Replies

• ashwin sarangula
    ashwin sarangula
    obviously it would be mainly to increase the number of sales,,they think that this might increase their business.but not in modern world. all the originals can be duplicated today in one or th other way.😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Open sourcers bring out some blinders The Monopoly of Microsoft is looking to crack down sooner than expected

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Flesky seems to be one of the promising keyboards for the iOS platform. The beta is being developed for Android devices but it's only available to select few. I've applied...
I am going to buy a new mobile phone in some couple of weeks. My budget is 12-14k. I did some search and liked Samsung Galaxy S DUOS & Nokia...
RationHut has entered the online grocery store domain and seems to be doing a good job of delivering grocery at your doorstep. The service lets you make an order online...
Indian IT companies are awesome. I've several friends in IT and they tell me their admin/system/IT department refuses to upgrade their web-browsers to latest version of Internet Explorer, and don't...
Hello Engineer's I am developing a shopping cart application in which number of images are used to show the items. Any shopkeeper can submit the item's information with images using...