Microsoft magic(how is it?)

Three things that even Microsoft can't explain!
MAGIC #1

An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is something funny and inexplicable… At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened!
TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A "CON" FOLDER

MAGIC #2
For those of you using Windows, do the following:
1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.
Noticed the weird bug? No one can explain!

MAGIC #3
Again this is something funny and can't be explained… At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why this happened!
It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself…
Open Microsoft Word and type
=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER
And see the magic…..!

Replies

• as_nawin
    as_nawin
    AS well as i can explain and break the above magics if u want to know reply this

MY BLOG Young Voice: Blog about Science, Politics and Business...!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Computer Science engineering section is meant for technical discussions. Thread moved to Chit-Chat.

What you have mentioned is NOT magic. In fact, #3 is a 'feature' of Microsoft Word.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    - the first is a bug

- the second is an easter egg

- the third is a feature
  • nick27
    nick27
    #magic 1 : explanation:
    This implies device name CON : implies console
    similarly you cant create "com1", "lpt1", "com2" . and many more are there, each implying a device name.its not some bug.

How ever you create CON folder using mkdir command in command line.
  • as_nawin
    as_nawin
    nick27
    #magic 1 : explanation:
    This implies device name CON : implies console
    similarly you cant create "com1", "lpt1", "com2" . and many more are there, each implying a device name.its not some bug.

How ever you create CON folder using mkdir command in command line.
    Not only with the command line we can also create it with help of ascii values in normal windows it self ...TRY...
    create folder with any of these(CON,LPT,NUM,AUX)..
    hold alt+0160 .enter
    then see.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian software major announced its Q2, 2009 results. Check out the link: https://www.tcs.com/SiteCollectionDo...tations/TCS_PressRelease_IndianGAAP_Q2_10.pdf Definitely a positive message for the Indian IT Industry 😀
Hi all 😁, i want know the difference between the near zone and far zone of antenna . Thanks aksa
Hi. I have a request. Can anyone tell me any computer or communication engineering problems with calculations in C++? For example, calculations for converting 3gp to avi, etcetera. As soon...
Hi guys just try this.Even i had the same problem but i fixed it with the following steps: 1.Go to start -->Run,then type Regedit 2.Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\windows\...
Folder locker is one of the most used application for windows to lock some personal files. There is some time when we forget the password and due to which we...