Microsoft infringed patent, fined with $290 million

The court has said Microsoft had violated patents owned by Canadian software company i4i Inc.

The US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit had ordered Microsoft to stop selling Word programs containing the infringing code from Jan 11, 2010. It also upheld jury-imposed damages of $290 million.

Microsoft Wednesday issued a patch for its Word software to comply with the court ruling regarding the use of XML in its Word software

The patch will be installed on new machines..

Microsoft infringed patent!! 😔 😲

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    That's their history, infringing patents or buying businesses, can't remind the last time I heard about them innovating anything.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Is it so?

I didn't know that..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can u please help me in guiding how to Convert Radio waves(U.H.F) into D.C electrical energy of 800mAh 4.2V please reply me with all the accessories required for converting it...
Christmas stands for different feelings for different people. Hoping that you find your joy and happiness in this year's christmas! A VERY HAPPY and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! :myparty:
hi We have a 50 MVA, 220/33 kV ransformer to be commissioned shortly. I have some problem with the transformer differential relay CTs.. Can I by-pass the diff. relay for...
Sir / madam, My question is The arithmetic mean of two positive numbers a and b is equal to twice their geometric mean. Find the ratio a/b. Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj
1. Watching TV Online through Internet – This option though it costs no extra money to get started, it is of not much high quality. The most important requirement would...