Microsoft BLUNDER had affected more than 29 Million Europeans

In 2009 European Commission probed Microsoft that though it allows to install multiple browsers on system but doesn't ask to set-up which one should be the default browser which was very important because of the growing competition.

Microsoft suggested an option that would give customers an option to choose the one between five different browsers (Chrome, opera, Firefox, IE and Safari), but with recent Windows 7, SP1 it turns out that Microsoft may not have implemented the solution for millions of Europeans.

The number says the affected user number is whopping 29 Millions user.

Microsoft had realized the issue and had set-up an external investigation team to figure out how the problem injected, and the report of the investigation would directly to the European Commission.

Do you think that it will this will save Microsoft from big accuse??
or do you think that was an intentional move from Microsoft to make IE as the most popular in Europe???

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Microsoft is very clever. They initially gained popularity by integrating Internet explorer with their operating system and naming the browser 'Internet Explorer'. People would tend to use it by default because there was 'internet' in it.

I'm not sure whether it was intentional on Microsoft's part to not ask people for default choice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, can u plz help me in giving samples of projects on communiction system or give me a projects on cummunication system that will good for a final year student..
😀 I want aptitude test papers of various companies. Can you tell me how to get them?
The results for the Chartered Accountants (CA) final examination and Common Proficiency Test (CPT) 2012 are expected to be declared on (July 18) at around 2pm IST. Results would be...
Iam a B.E final year student.can any one post some latest Project titles of computer science. Thanxs in advance..
why do we use 3rd and 4th group elements in semiconductors?